Edwin's Parrot asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

Which of the following teams has the brightest future (Baseball)?

Nationals, Blue Jays, Marlins, Pirates, Dodgers

BQ: Which of those teams do you think will be the first to make the playoffs?

• Ben
    Best Answer

This is honestly a tough question. You've done a great job picking four teams with potentially great futures. If I had to pick just one I would say the Nationals. If Bryce Harper can become the hitter he was drafted to be, keeping in mind he's only 19 and has plenty of time to mature as a player and a person, and plenty of time to play after that, and Strasburg can play like he did before Tommy John's, they can be a great team. They still have Ryan Zimmerman, and I have a feeling that Jason Werth will play better than he did last year. The Marlins made a huge splash in free agency and if Hanley can play like he used to, The NL East may become the deepest division in baseball. The Pirates proved last year that they've gotten better but they still need to improve quite a bit. They're biggest problem is the same problem they've always had. By the time they bring up newly drafted stars, the old ones have expired contracts and sign with another team. It's unfortunate, but it's baseball in a small market. The Blue Jays have two of the best sluggers in baseball and a stacked minor league system. They're biggest problem is that they don't just have to build a good team, they have to build a team that can win more games than the Yankees and The Red Sox in 162 attempts. If The Blue Jays have any hope, it's The Rays of the last few years.

As far as the Dodgers go, they might be the team to reach this bright future the quickest and as your BQ asks, reach the playoffs first. I don't know if they the will be the best of these teams in the long run, but they already have a cy young/triple crown pitcher in Clayton Kershaw, and an mvp candidate all star in Matt Kemp. Their line up goes fairly deep as well as their rotation. They're only a few decent players away from becoming a great team.

One team not on this list worth mentioning is The Kansas City Royals. The Royals have perhaps the deepest and most stacked minor league system. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come as close as second place in the Central this year and competing with the Tigers for that top spot in the near future.

Sure

I see the Nationals having the brightest future. I see them being a playoff contender in about 2 years though. They finished 80-81 last year but they have a lot of hope now that they have a lot of good young talent on their team like Morse, Strasburg, Jordan Zimmerman, Ryan Zimermman, and Bryce Harper. Those guys are going to be really good for them.

Even though they might NOT make the postseason next year, watch out for them in about 2 years. They might make the postseason as the wild card since I DON'T see the Phillies going down anytime soon.

BQ: Dodgers because the NL West is wide open.

Source(s): DC
  • John W

I would have to say the Dodgers or maybe the Nats. The Nats have a fairly decent team right now, and with new ownership by next year the Dodgers will be a major contender in the NL West, I don't think any of the teams mentioned has anything more than a remote chance to make the playoffs this year.

In this order:

Marlins

Nats

Blue Jays

Pirates

Dodgers

BQ: Marlins will make it this year.

btw i love your avatar haha

Marlins. They have an elite farm system and after this year's free agent splash, they should compete for a title every year from here on out.

Marlins 2012 world series champ!!

• Nick H

Blue Jays. They have a ton of great young prospects and the money to keep them around.

BQ: Jays via the extra wildcard.