Peter asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Need help on bullies?

After my friends teased and bullied me (cyber,verbal, etc.) can I still talk, lent things to them? I dont want to make too many trouble. I already told the teacher and they teased me for telling teacher (crybaby, complain king, etc.) Is it right??? And how to make myself not so ashamed? I got a friend that did not even get bullied and I become his friend. I am shameful...

Favorite Answer

Bullying is a huge problem in schools today. Many kids of all ages are bullied every day. Unfortunately, there’s no one magic answer to stop someone from bullying you. You cannot change someone else’s behavior but there are several strategies you can use to change the way you respond to the bullying and diffuse the situation.

First and foremost, you need to tell an adult, a parent, teacher, or school counselor. Many schools have a zero tolerance policy for bullying and they need to be aware there is a problem in order to provide you with a safe and non-threatening learning environment.

Also, remember bullies love to isolate victims so try to avoid being alone. Walk to classes with a friend or classmate who is going in the same direction. If possible avoid where you know the bully is going to be.

Finally, a bully wants a reaction from you. Showing a bully your emotions is rewarding for them, so stay strong until you are in a safe place. You can also sometimes take the wind out of a bully’s sails by using agreeing with them if they tease you. For example, if a bully tells you your sweater is ugly, you can respond with something like, “Yeah, I don’t really like it either. The color is hideous and it itches.” When you don’t get upset or try to argue back, the bully doesn’t get the satisfaction he or she was looking for.

For more advice on bullies and other issues, visit our website at www.yourlifeyourvoice.org . Or you can call the Boys Town National Hotline at 1-800-448-3000 to speak to a counselor any time.

Counselor CL

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

Source(s): www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

Bullying is so difficult, and no one should ever have to experience the pain that comes from being bullied. You are so strong for reaching out for help! There are a few things that you can do to help stop the bullying: (1) Ignore it, (2) Ask the person to stop, (3) Kill the bully with kindness, (4) Make a joke about it (ie. If they bully says, “You look so ugly today,” respond: “I know I do! I think I should probably stop trying to look like you.”) (5) Keep a written record of what happens, and (6) Get an adult involved.

It is also important to take care of yourself and develop strong coping skills. This is what is going to get you through these difficult times. (1) Stick close to your friends, do NOT isolate yourself, (2) Journal/write down what you are feeling, (3) Get involved with hobbies that you enjoy to take your mind off of what is going on, (4) Throw yourself into your school work and get to know your teachers. Remember that this too will pass, and you can far surpass the bully in your future education and career goals, (5) be kind to others, and stick up for those who are being bullied. Do not let the bullies steal your good heart from you! By standing up for others, you might just be inspiring others to stand up to other bullies (maybe even the ones who bully you).

Please know that there are people who can and will help you with what you are going through. You may want to consider talking with a counselor at a hotline. There are many hotlines that are 24/7 and will work with you and situations like yours. Some even have email and/or chat if you would prefer. Hopefully, you will continue to reach out!

Sincerely,

MD, Counselor

Source(s): Available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 -- Teens and Young Adults; http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/

Hey, you know, I don't know how old you are, but I'm a twelve year old girl and I'm getting bullied. My friend's know but I could never tell a teacher cos they just get involved and the bullies would call me a snitch...

Even same thing happened to me last year but their was a watch men who saw them bulling me and one day when he was fired from the job he came up to me and said "you cant let anyone to rule over you and gave me a trick ,ie, just look into their eyes in serious calm way and tell them that its enough and u cant take it more of them and leave" and they will be scared that u might complain to higher authorities or call someone else to beat them up....... it works and if you get scared from them then they will scare you more.....so be tough.....i will pray for you...... god bless u and show them the right path.

Tell the teacher but ask them to keep your statement confidential-they aren't real friends if they want to borrow stuff they are USING you :( good luck!x

Source(s): Ex victim of cyberbullying

dude you sound like a pussy just beat the **** out of them and make some new friends...seriously **** teachers why tell them ****

Source(s): take a guess :p

No,

They're not your friends and are exploiting you don't lend them anything.

Shoot them in the head with a sniper riffle

Lol "friends"

if someone is mean to you, they are not worth your time