Home repair help asap?

I am looking for people who have experience in home improvement. I am buying a home that will need a little bit of everything. I am located in cincinnati ohio and would need as much assistance as possible to get the house together I am a first time buyer and a college student. so if your interested in helping or know some grants I can get please feel free to provide them. I also would like people who think they have the skills or just like to fix up homes to assist me I have done this before but never with a house this big .

Favorite Answer

Here is a website with some basic DIY tips.

http://www.ezfix101.com

Also, you said, "I am buying a home". Does that mean you have not bought it yet? Many banks offer loans of that type so you can fix it up. It's been awhile but I believe they are called 203K FHA loans. Check with your realtor for more info and or call your bank. Here is a direct link. http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_o...

hi heres a few pointers to help you im a builder from dublin ireland www.kettconstruction.ie so i can only give advice

get at least five references and check them out

make sure they have insurance ask to see it

never pay anyone up front

pay on weekly basis for work done

get architect to check work is carried out right worth the cost

always hold back about 5% at end until completely finished

check to see what permits you need and make sure they got them

ask to see them

i hope this advice helps

derek

I usually check out the HouseLogic.com website when it comes to DIY home repairs. If you are looking to hire someone to do the job, I would consider checking Angie's list first for reviews so you can find someone trustworthy.

have you ever trie contacting your close by crippled young babies organization? they are in a position to assist in distinctive techniques for families with babies with handicaps. additionally you may attempt an American standard Finance or Citi economic you would be required to have some thing as collateral and it could have intense costs of activity. Do you have a economic business enterprise which you generally you to your guy or woman account? in the event that they understand your historic previous they're going to on occasion make you a private loan based on the type you economic business enterprise with them in case you clarify your concern, you will until be required to have collateral. maximum cases small city banks are superb to assist in those circumstances and with recuperating from dealing with a divorce. the two places I even have listed right here you may fill out applications online for them and that they're going to deliver you to their nearest branch. additionally they're going to touch you and allow you to appreciate what they are in a position to do. Aher element is you ought to call and verify along with your close by social centers branch and ask and see in the event that they have any courses which could help, i understand that they help build on rooms for people who foster discern and such. they might do this by Habitat for Humanity and that's yet an option decision for you. sturdy success, superb desires.

TRY CRAIGSLIST BUT ONLY GIVE THE PERSON A SMALL JOB EVALUATE THEIR QUALITY OF WORK BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM ANY BIG WORK.

cHECK REFERENCES AND IF THEIR LICENSED BY YOUR COUNTY.OR STATE.