Is this the right to put the debate of who's the better player between Messi and Ronaldo to bed?

It pains me to say but Messi has been playing like a superman this season, he was playing like a star from another planet for the past 3 seasons but Ronaldo did manage to do enough to be compared to him...but this season, the little man has surpassed Cristiano in ways that no one else has. Yes, Messi was poor in... show more It pains me to say but Messi has been playing like a superman this season, he was playing like a star from another planet for the past 3 seasons but Ronaldo did manage to do enough to be compared to him...but this season, the little man has surpassed Cristiano in ways that no one else has. Yes, Messi was poor in the beginning of the of this season...but what he's has been doing recently is simply sensational.

I also think Messi is more of a complete player. His runs are uncampareable, his passes are unstoppable, his vision is unmatchable, his speed is unbelievable. What he lack is shooting and i don't necessarily think he need to improve it.

I was impressed with the right foot chip over the Lerverkuson keeper. I don't think even Raul can do that with his weaker foot let alone thinking Ronaldo can do that. Ronaldo can't even chip with his strongest foot.

Messi is only 24 years yet the greatest player in the history of Barcelona, perhaps in history of football. 234 goals andd 100 assists in few years. He already has 53 goals this season even though something like 20 games are still left. He barely fail to give a man of the match performance against a big game.

It’s just unbelievable to see a player so perfect in every aspect of his game. I watched Zidane play for Madrid...and Ronaldo for Madrid...and Raul for Madrid...and Henry for Arsenal...but none were so perfect in every aspect of the game like Messi. The man is just uncompareable when playing for Barcelona against a big team. He made Ramos, Lass, Xabi, Albiol, Marcelo look like school boys last season.

At times I think Messi is a level above great strikers like Ronaldo Fenomeno, Maradona, Cruyff, Stefano...and so on

If we Madridistas want to win titles...we should just pray Messi goes out of his form.

Comparing Ronaldo to Messi is an insult i believe...let alone think there's a player as good as him nowadays.
Update: @Tomasso: It wasn't over. People were still comparing until Messi returned to his superb form in the middle of this season.
Update 2: @hotshotsoccerguy: Is Ronaldo better than Messi at passing?? or Taking free-kicks?? or riping three or four defenders apart??

Have a look at this chip with his RIGHT foot (3rd goal) over Leverkusen keeper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EW4nsuj1...
Update 3: @p4p1: This video and my knowledge of football made think more about Messi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx1rNC5T7...
Update 4: and even before this post, i've said Messi is simply the best.
Update 5: @Nita: LOL, You're being a bit arrogant. Obviously Messi is the best...but that doesn't make Cristiano look like an average player...Cristiano is a superb player, a brilliant one, a fantastic individual...but the unfortunate things is that he's in the same generation as Messi is...his numbers are ... show more @Nita: LOL, You're being a bit arrogant. Obviously Messi is the best...but that doesn't make Cristiano look like an average player...Cristiano is a superb player, a brilliant one, a fantastic individual...but the unfortunate things is that he's in the same generation as Messi is...his numbers are pretty impressive.