Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 8 years ago

Please help my wife and I choose from these 8 vegan-themed baby names.?

My wife and I are expecting a daughter in just under 2 months. We are both vegans and want her first and middle name to reflect our beliefs. We have narrowed it down to these 8 choices. Please rank them in order of favorite (#1) and least favorite (#8). Any feedback is a appreciated. We had about 20 names to begin with, but are having trouble narrowing it down anymore than this.

Broccoli Cauliflower

Raspberry Smoothie

Tofu Flaxseed

Carrot Figleaf

Avocado Peanut

Almond Peach

Tomato Salad

Kiwi Asparagus

Favorite Answer

Carrot Figleaf. Almond Peach. Kiwi Asparagus makes the race...

females: a million. Athena 2. Penelope 3. Hera 4. Phoebe 5. Calliope 6. Iris 7. Evadne 8. Asteria 9. Medea 10. Ariadne Boys: a million. Hades 2. Orion 3. Perseus 4. Apollo 5. Achilles 6. Zephyr 7. Midas 8. Evander 9. Adonis 10. Pallas

• Mega

In order of preference:

Almond Peach "Aly"

Avocado Peanut "Ava" or "Cady"

Kiwi Asparagus "Kiki"

Raspberry Smoothie "Ras"

Carrot Figleaf "Carrie"

Tomato Salad "Toma"

Tofu Flaxseed "Tofy"

Broccoli Cauliflower "Coli"

;)

Seriously!? You would name your baby something like "Tomato Salad"!? That is great your a vegan but really!? "Tofu Flaxseed"..really!?

(You.. 10 years from now) Hi nice to meet you! My name is John, this is my wife Carol and this is our daughter Avocado Peanut!

Your kid is going to get the crap kicked out of him or her on the playground! I can see it now.. Hey "Raspberry Smoothie"!.....SMACK!!.... hit right on the face with a football!

If your going to name your baby some sort of vegan hippie name you can at least choose something half way normal like "Amber Jasmine" or "Clay Asher". Even those are a bit over the top for me but at least with a name like Clay or Amber the kid won't come home with a black eye everyday!

Because if you name your kid "Broccoli Cauliflower" I can guarantee that he or she will be at the name changing office the day they turn 18!!

Source(s): Someone with a brain!
    • amber4 years agoReport

hahaha I am Amber Jasmine + vegan

• Being Vegan may be your way of life, however, you should consider what her lifestyle will be.

Will she go to public schools? Will she want to engage in extracurricular activities- sports, dance classes, etc.. Will she ever have a normal job outside of your community ( if you live in a commune or Vegan community)

Chances are that at some point on her life her name is going to hold her back, cause her to be teased, or looked down upon.

If you really must, leave the Vegan influence with her MIDDLE name only.

Give her a normal, common, or at least acceptable first name.

Look into name meanings. The name Maiya means Vegetable in Aboriginal

http://babynames.merschat.com/index.cgi?function=V...

Honestly, I don't think that you should name your daughter something of this nature just because you want it to reflect something that you like. You could nickname her something like this if you so chose but it's harsh on a child to do so.

However, some of them could make decent names.

Kiwi for instance, makes a cute name.

Kiwi Peach! Lol.

Tofu Flaxseed. Yes. Because that won't ruin her life.

I respect your beliefs (some of them) but I do not think your child should have to suffer at school or throughout her life with a name like Broccoli or Tofu or Carrot! (Carrot would be especially nasty if she is a red-head.) Good luck making friends with your daughter!

Kiwi peachy