Could the Canada Post tracking info. be wrong?

I sent a package 13 days ago, from Canada to Australia, on the 14 day arrival plan. The site says that it's still in my towns post office..

Favorite Answer

YES!!! Most countries official Post Offices do NOT update their info at all and sometimes not even after delivery. I have found this to be the case with post office websites tracking info in:

UK (my friend sent me a gift, no updates!)

USA (I shipped a return, got the $$ back and 2 weeks after delivery the website does NOT reflect my item delivered to anyone. Phoning did not help: USA's delivery conf is a scam. If they lose the package they do not compensate you, they can't even track it)

France (same deal as UK)

Thailand (purchased an item & there were no updates till I got the item)

Canada: this Q is regularly asked on here by frustrated Canadians

So no need to worry. It departed your town but they don't bother to update. Apparently laziness and carelessness when you work for the post office is global epidemic not specifically tied to Canada.

• opurt

Cross-border delivery tracking usually doesn't work unless you're using a courier company such as UPS or FedEx. Post Offices can only track the packages until it leaves the country, and very rarely do two different postal services exchange any tracking info at all. It rarely even works even just between Canada Post and the USPS.

• mms's

you do know that Canada post doesn't handle the actual postage in an another country, they usually use an another company either that country's national post system or like fed ex. So the updating etc. gets all screwed up on the canada post site

Yes. I've had that problem with someone being mad at me for not telling me I got a package - it said it had arrived at my house, but it didn't come until 2 days later!

• pratts

i'm uncertain what eBay says approximately supplier regulations, yet for my section if i purchase/sell an merchandise i've got have been given faith it may desire to be interior the mail indoors of three company company days. in case you have already e-mailed them 2 cases with out reaction, i could wait till at last Monday, and in case you inspite of the actuality that have not have been given the kit, record a Paypal grievance. i've got have been given had extremely undesirable achievement with Paypal claims even inspite of the actuality that each and each and all the concepts aspects to the sellers fault they have denied them (it extremely is why i don't use Paypal) so be arranged to the touch your credit card company company, that they had do a cost decrease back.