Ashlee
Lv 4
Ashlee asked in SportsHorse Racing · 9 years ago

Does Union Rags have what it takes to win the Florida Derby on March 31st?

Just visited horse racing nation, and he seems to be rated pretty highly. I haven't been able to follow racing as much lately as i would like because of being busy. So i've kinda lost track of contenders for the Florida Derby.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Horse Racing Nation..Great site..!

Yes, Union Rags is definitely an impressive 3 year old, and should be the deserving Favorite in the Gr 1 Florida Derby,.. he's the real deal! Union Rags has been one of my favorites since the 106th running of the $150,000 Saratoga Special last summer for 2-year-olds, Union Rags even then extended his advantage inside the final sixteenth, ultimately negotiating 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:18 1/5 and that was on a sloppy track! Union Rags has great bloodlines ( Dixie Union - Tempo by Gone West) and so far looks powerful enough to be a dangerous contender in the Kentucky Derby. Without a doubt Michael Matz has a great horse here. Michael Matz is a trainer with top notch integrity.

Here's Union Rags Facebook link - I think you'll really enjoy it !

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Union-Rags/273744469...

:)

• 9 years ago

I'm with Sandra. UR is my sentimental favorite for all the races this year, because I think he's going to be the horse to beat. I'm a huge fan of his trainer, too- I've watching Matz and following his career for over 35 years now, since I was 12, in fact. I can clearly remember the first time I ever saw him ride- at the 1976 Montreal Olympics. At that time, nobody outside of a few people in the sport of show jumping had any idea who he was- and even among the few who did know, he was just considered to be one more promising young athlete in a whole string of them. I have so many other memories connected to him too- and if you ask me, I think that history is about to repeat itself, only this time with a much happier ending for all involved. We can dream and hope, can't we? Go Union Rags !!

Source(s): I'm a horse owner/professional and a long time follower of racing and all other horse sports.
  • 9 years ago

Union Rags has what it takes to win it all! My pick to win the Florida Derby and every other race he is in.

• JSC
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Yes, without a doubt..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.