Was Mark David Chapman influenced by "Catcher in the Rye" to kill John Lennon?

• bob
    Favorite Answer

Mark David Chapman was, and probably still is, a psychotically ill individual. Even if he said that reading "Catcher In The Rye" influenced him to kill John Lennon, it still would not be a factor in his murderous act. It was the run-away mental illness of Chapman's that truly led to John's unfortunate death. And that is it, end of story!

When I think about all the great music that would have been written by John Lennon, had he not been murdered by this deranged person, I am so deeply sad and angry. What a tragic loss! In my opinion, John Lennon was of one of the greatest song writers and musicians this world has ever seen! Yes, we still have Paul McCartney, and for that I am grateful. He is a fantastic writer and musician, as well. But, when John died, it was truly the end of a magical presence in this world that did a lot of good. John tried to open the eyes of a lot of ignorant people to help them see life as it truly is, and perhaps someday show how good it could be for everyone if we could just "...Imagine..." Chapman ruined a lot of future goodness in this world and deserves never ever to see the light of day as a free man ever again! Selfishly, I hope he is rotting in his cell/room, right now! I can never totally excuse or forgive his act ever!

Sorry about all the bitterness but that is how I truly feel! I felt this way back in December of 1980 when John was killed, I feel this way now, and I will continue to feel this way forever!

Chapman was a patsy set up for the hit by the CIA's MK-Ultra program. Why? Because Lennon was due to win his U.S. citizenship a few months later, and they needed to eliminate the chance that Lennon would have joined the opposition to their murderous counterrevolutionary wars in Central America (esp. Nicaragua and El Salvador), just getting underway as Reagan's transition team was taking power in December 1980. Think that's nuts? Read _Who Killed John Lennon?_ by Fenton Bresler, _The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: the CIA and Mind Control_ by John Marks, and _John Lennon: Life, Times & Assassination_ by Phil Strongman. And visit ciakilledlennon.blogspot.com

Source(s): ciakilledlennon.blogspot.com

God did no longer tell Mark to kill John. The devil comes at us in lots of approaches and could symbolize himself as God to do Godless deeds. bear in innovations Lucifer substitute into as quickly as and angel and is composed of human beings in experience of God. we could desire to be Bilble based and be waiting to rebuke him in Jesus call. The devil hates the call Jesus and could run from it yet on the comparable time he will come to you and say he's God. If stable in the Lord you would be waiting to discern one from the different. Prayer is the respond.

what? how does that even make sense...