Agree or disagee:Dirk is still the best PF until he can't perform at the elite playoff level he normally does?

Dirk just came off arguably the best playoff run since prime Duncan & Shaq, in which he outplayed Durant, Kobe, Wade, and LeBron all in one playoffs, to lead his team to a title. Kevin Love hasn't even played a playoff game yet. I don't understand why people don't understand that Dirk, like many other... show more Dirk just came off arguably the best playoff run since prime Duncan & Shaq, in which he outplayed Durant, Kobe, Wade, and LeBron all in one playoffs, to lead his team to a title. Kevin Love hasn't even played a playoff game yet. I don't understand why people don't understand that Dirk, like many other players came into this season unconditioned because they were expecting the NBA to lockout for the rest of the season. I also don't understand why no one takes into consideration Dirk's knee was injured for a good chunk of the season, and he's only playing 32 minutes to get ready for the playoffs. How does putting up great regular season numbers for 40 games make you better than an already proven, elite playoff performer?

Aside from rebounding, Love doesn't have much on Dirk. Dirk's the better passer. Dirk is much more clutch and reliable when you need him most (career: 28.7ppg, 11.7rpg, 49%fg, 39%3pt, 89%ft in elimination games). Dirk creates his own shot better, handles better, is more unguardable with one foot fadeaways, spin moves, up and unders, and other crafty moves. And he's a better leader, and defender.

Yes, Love has had the best season between him and Dirk, because he's 1. Healthy, 2. Playing around 39 minutes, and Dirk is at the point in his career where his minutes are going to be cut in the regular season for the playoffs. Do people remember when Tim Duncan was injured and had his minutes cut during 06, 07, and 08 and people said he was done in the REGULAR season? What did he do come playoff time? Play his normal minutes, dominate, win a title in 07, WCF in 08, and put up monster numbers. Come PLAYOFF time, i'll be proved right about this. Tim Duncan wasn't done until 09 when he couldn't lift his game in the playoffs anymore. He haven't seen that yet with Dirk, so imo, it's premature to declare someone else as the best PF when they didn't EARN it yet.
Update: Wow Bonsian: Can I get a counter argument, instead of childish insults? Are you 12?
Update 2: Sportzfan: That's not true. If you think Love is better, that's fine. But you flat out disrespected my opinion yesterday, and didn't even take into consideration what I was saying, even though I have a legit point about not putting unproven players over proven elite playoff performers. You say I only... show more Sportzfan: That's not true. If you think Love is better, that's fine. But you flat out disrespected my opinion yesterday, and didn't even take into consideration what I was saying, even though I have a legit point about not putting unproven players over proven elite playoff performers. You say I only think this way because it's Dirk, and I tried to tell you that I did the same thing for Kobe, Nash, and Duncan when people prematurely said they're done, and you just disregard it.
Update 3: Sportzfan: Before I respond, i'm going to say, I respect ALL opinions, until my view gets disrespected. But do you remember what I posted yesterday about Nash, Kobe, and Duncan that you quickly dismissed? Let me say it again if you didn't. Yes, i'm a Dirk fan, but me putting Dirk Love isn't because... show more Sportzfan: Before I respond, i'm going to say, I respect ALL opinions, until my view gets disrespected. But do you remember what I posted yesterday about Nash, Kobe, and Duncan that you quickly dismissed? Let me say it again if you didn't. Yes, i'm a Dirk fan, but me putting Dirk Love isn't because of that, it's because that's the way I rate players in general. IMHO, for ALL players, it's premature to do what you are doing with Love. In 2009, when Nash missed the playoffs, everyone kicked him out of their top 10 list. I told people he's still top 10, and that he didn't have enough around him. After the 2010 playoffs where he made the WCF, everyone put Nash back in their top 10 (even as high as 6). Last season, everyone said Kobe wasn't top 5 anymore. I still kept him in, and look how he's performing this season. In 2006, people said Duncan was done, Brand was having a better season, and like Dirk, Duncan was injured and had his minutes cut.
Update 4: Go back and look at Duncan's 06,07,08 playoff numbers and see if I was right. I know it's quick for you to say my view is 100% biased and just dismiss it, but if my pattern (that I have for ALL players, not just Dirk) happens, what will you say? The fact that you just dismiss my view and say i'm 100%... show more Go back and look at Duncan's 06,07,08 playoff numbers and see if I was right. I know it's quick for you to say my view is 100% biased and just dismiss it, but if my pattern (that I have for ALL players, not just Dirk) happens, what will you say?

The fact that you just dismiss my view and say i'm 100% biased about this, without considering this is how I rate players (because it has proven me right in the past) pissed me off, so if I came off like I don't respect your view, that's why.
Update 5: Sportzfan: If you ask me who's PLAYED better this season so far, it's OBVIOUSLY Love. He's had a MUCH better season. My only argument is that he isn't "the better player" because of the minutes/injuries etc, and we haven't yet seen if Dirk is done come playoff time where he'll be... show more Sportzfan: If you ask me who's PLAYED better this season so far, it's OBVIOUSLY Love. He's had a MUCH better season. My only argument is that he isn't "the better player" because of the minutes/injuries etc, and we haven't yet seen if Dirk is done come playoff time where he'll be healthy and playing 39 minutes. IF, Dirk CAN'T lift his game come playoff time, I WILL say Love is better. But the thing is, Dirk in this month has put up 25.8ppg, 50%fg, and over 40%3pt, showing the injuries did affect his low numbers. Love is the second best PF to me.

Is that fair? Maybe we rate players differently. Love IS playing better, so from your point of view, you want to rate him over Dirk. Fine. I'm just saying, I know Dirk's a proven player and his numbers this season don't indicate how good he is, and once the playoffs start, and he can't do it anymore, then he's done.
Also I want to know, what will you say IF what i'm saying is true?