Was Kate Middleton a virgin when she married Prince William?

I know they lived together prior to their marriage, but surely William must have respected her if he planned to marry her and make her his Queen someday? It simply wouldn't do for our Supreme Governor of the Church of England to be living in sin in such a way. I don't expect him to have been a virgin, after... show more I know they lived together prior to their marriage, but surely William must have respected her if he planned to marry her and make her his Queen someday? It simply wouldn't do for our Supreme Governor of the Church of England to be living in sin in such a way. I don't expect him to have been a virgin, after all the flesh is weak and he is just a man we can forgive the occasional peccadillo - but for a woman (and a commoner at that) with plans to marry into the royal family I would expect her to be held to the strictest standards. Was she given a virginity test the way Lady Diana was? I would think the results would be made public, after all it was probably paid for by our taxes.