DaAvs asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

Is Jeremy Shockey a snitch?

Warren Sapp has accused Jeremy Shockey of being a snitch. Sapp believes Shockey dropped a dime on his former team's bounty program in New Orleans. Shockey denies the allegation by saying he didn't play defense with the Saints. Is Jeremy Shockey a snitch?

Favorite Answer

It's ballsy of Sapp to step up publicly and name former Saint Jeremy Shockey as "the snitch" who ratted out on the Saints; Sapp should continue on---and tell us all how he knows this.

I've given this some thought and come up w/ criteria on identifying "the snitch" who took down the Saints: The "snitch" was:

** A former player or specific team coach---didn't have a good time while with the Saints or was "cut" from the team and sent out to bitterly feel unfairly treated.

** A Saints player or coach who resigned, was fired or "cut" from the team between 2008 and 2012.

** Someone who hasn't gotten the media attention that would make him uncomfortable to step up and "rat" out the Saints. That, I think, rules out Jeremy Shockey and Reggie Bush. You're looking for someone who "flew just under the media radar" while with the Saints.

** Someone who waited till 2012 to sing like a canary---knowing New Orleans hosts the upcoming Super Bowl.

And that is IF "the snitch" is either a former coach or player. I'm told that the line of questioning the Court of Goodell launched off on Sean Payton, indicated "the source" MAY have been someone on the Saints' ADMINISTRATIVE level......tired of being ignored and cast aside after frequent warnings to Payton, Saints GM Loomis and Gregg Williams to shut down the game opponent injury "bounty" incentive program; they couldn't further tolerate being disrespected.

Who does THAT sound like?

I find it odd that Gregg Williams publicly apologizes to the Rams and NFL---but NOT to the Saints or the "Who Dat Nation", when Williams committed the "injury bounty program" during his employment with the Saints.

Personally, I don't think "the snitch" is a player or coach. It becomes impossible to continue on with ANY team, when you're uncovered as being "the snitch" that torpedoes an entire NFL team franchise for a full season.

It's a Sherlock Holmes mystery for armchair detectives to sift through, examine the clues and take on challenges to uncover "the rat" who sought for and exacted their revenge on the Saints. Good luck with that--might have better luck finding concrete proof of UFO existence.

I don't believe it one bit. 1. There has been no proof at all 2. Warren Sapp has no connection at all to the saints organization so how he know. 3. None of his teammates have said anything so why should I believe Sapp 4. Shockey would have no reason to snitch on NOLA. He talks about how he loves it there and how much his time as a saint meant to him so why would he hurt the team like that.

Sapp is just trying to look smart. He claimed Shockey so he would have a name and no one really likes Shockey. I don't believe Shockey did it though. Sapp was and still is an idiot to me. I don't think that not playing defense is a weak excuse though.

Goodell has known about the bounties for a couple years and warned the team more than once. So, I doubt Shockey (who is one season removed from being a Saint) told him what was going on.

Since when is Warren Sapp a trustworthy source on this issue? He got his "info" from a source he refuses to name. So, you have a snitch snitching unfounded allegations to Sapp, whose snitching on Shockey.

No warren sapps a fat piece of s**t

who cares warren sapp might be it bcuz he left the team and obviously doesnt wanna take the blame

he was on the defense and didn't resign i wonder why plus their was evidence leading to this anyway

Sounds like Sapps the only one opening his mouth.

How would Shockey know who did what? I don't think he snitched.

I believe Shockey. I don't think he is. However, I think he is the scapegoat.

We will probably never know