How do you get your mind off drugs?

I am an unfortunate victim of bad circumstances, about 15 months ago, I was hospitalized for nearly a month due to an accident, the specific details of what happened are irrelevant, and due to the injuries I sustained as a result of the initial accident, as well as the surgeries and procedures I had at the... show more I am an unfortunate victim of bad circumstances, about 15 months ago, I was hospitalized for nearly a month due to an accident, the specific details of what happened are irrelevant, and due to the injuries I sustained as a result of the initial accident, as well as the surgeries and procedures I had at the hospital, and finallly due to neglect on the part of the nurses when I was in a 6 day coma... I wasn't turned often enough leading to pressure ulcers, which lead to ANOTHER additional surgery to remove dead tissue the size of my fist from my loser back, which took 6 months to heal... anyways, upon my release, I was in EXTREME pain, so at the hospital I was constantly being injected with Morphine and Diluadid, and when I got out I immedietely was put into Pain Management, where I have been prescribed daily injections (at home) of Diluadid (hydromorphone), along with 8mg tablets of Diluadid to be taken 5 times per day, and 80mg of OxyContin to be taken twice daily, and 2mg of Xanax three times per day for extreme anxiety and 10mg of Ambien once at night. But, as I said, I've been a Pain Management patient for 15 months or so now, give or take a bit, and because I have COMPLETELY healed (I am a 20 year old male, now completely healthy in every way and completely recovered/healed from all my surgeries... minus of course the opiate and benzodiazepine addiction), and during the course of these months I cut down on the opiates all the way down from 80mg of OxyContin twice a days to 40mg of OxyContin three times per day, to 60mg of MS Contin three times per day, to 30mg of MS Contin three times per day, all the way down to finally 15mg of MS Contin 3-4 times per day. I still rarely take at home IV injections if Diluadid, but very rarely as prescribed, and also take 4 pills of the 8mg Diluadid per day for breakthrough pain. Now that I have cut down so much on the extended-release Oxycodone/Morphine, I require higher doses of breakthrough pain medication, which although my Pain Management doctor is more than willing to prescribe, because he in fact believes I am cutting down too quickly, I do not want higher doses because my goal is to get off all this stuff eventually by myself, without detox/rehab, that is NOT an option. So as I mentioned earlier, I take 2mg of Xanax three times per day as well as 1mg Klonopin sometimes on top of that, and 10mg of Ambien to sleep at night. These anti-anxiety drugs/sedatives aren't exactly pain killers, but they do sedate me enough to control my extreme antiexy due to my chronic horrible pain and other issues in my life ... as well as help me sleep.

But, now comes the willpower, although it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to bare the opiate withdrawals, when tapering off slowly, I find it can be done, because I've been doing it! But, now that I'm in that "final stretch", I need good advice on how to keep my mind off drugs... I am certaintly not a criminal and have never used illegal drugs, but I won't bullshit myself into thinking taking these opiates daily for 15 months, both by injection and orally, although prescription, is really any different than had I been a heroin addict or illegal morphine addict. My point is, I know that, even though all these opiates are prescribed and I've built up such a high tolerance I NEVER get any form of "high" or euphora whatsoever, even when taken by injection... I know that it won't be any easier on me than it would be for a street drug opiate addict. Your body doesn't differentiate between legal and illegal opiates. Therefore, in the next three months so, as I continue my taper, I need really good ideas on how to occupy all my time and energy to focus on things, besides the obvious like TV/movies/books/videogames/and very importantly exercise... Anything, that I can do to at least TRY to take my mind off the intense agony, when the extreme breakthrough pain hits, like, instead of reaching for an extra morphine or diluadid pill, I can instead take a 2mg Xanax and then go about doing... (fill in the blanks)

Please and thank you in advance for any help!
Update: @Sparky - TL;DR is an acceptable answer. If the person in question here being effected by these issues wasn't myself, I probably wouldn't care either :/