Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 8 years ago

what is shutter count?

I want to buy a used dslr camera, i wondering if the camera that i intend to buy is ok if the shutter count is 2417

• Andy W
    Favorite Answer

It is how many times the shutter has been operated (or basically how many shots have been taken)

2417 is extremely low.

Different cameras have different standards for how many shots can be taken before the shutter fails. I would google the camera model you are interested in and the word shutter count and you will find out he fail rate for that camera.

If it is a relatively good 'make' of camera such as a nikon or canon that is a significantly low shutter count, in fact I would consider it relatively new. To give you an example I am a fashion photographer and I shot over a thousand 'actuations' (shutter count) one day this week on a shoot.

Simply put, number of times the shutter has been pressed and hence the number of pictures taken from your camera. Which is not a lot.

• Nick

That's quite low. It means the shutter has been actuated only 2,417 times.