Nasty Physics question about satellites and circular motion?

"A space shuttle is launched into orbit from a point A on the Equator. The shuttle then enters a stable circular orbit of radius Ro, at point B." (in the diagram, B is some distance obliquely above point A) "The radius of the Earth is 6.4 x 10^6 m. The ratio of the gravitational field strength at A... show more "A space shuttle is launched into orbit from a point A on the Equator. The shuttle then enters a stable circular orbit of radius Ro, at point B." (in the diagram, B is some distance obliquely above point A) "The radius of the Earth is 6.4 x 10^6 m. The ratio of the gravitational field strength at A to that at B is equal to 1.2. Calculate the distance Ro,"
Update: So I simply can't do this question, it seems like too little info is given. All I know is that (gA/gB) = 1.2 and the Earth's radius is 6.4 x 10^6. I was wondering if I could assume the gravitational force at A (which as mentioned is on the surface of the Earth, at the equator) is equal to 9.8 Nkg^-1.... show more So I simply can't do this question, it seems like too little info is given. All I know is that (gA/gB) = 1.2 and the Earth's radius is 6.4 x 10^6. I was wondering if I could assume the gravitational force at A (which as mentioned is on the surface of the Earth, at the equator) is equal to 9.8 Nkg^-1. Knowing this would enable me to find gB. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to assume that because it's not included in the question. *sigh*
1 answer 1