What is a good acoustic song to sing and play on guitar?

I need a song that is good to sing vocally and something that has a good message. It's for a competition.

Sorry about that, I'm looking for a song for my boyfriend to sing. Something that is moderately easy on guitar and slightly challenging when it comes to singing.

Favorite Answer

This is my play list for coffee houses,

6th AVENUE HEARTACHE... The Wallflowers

A LOT TO DRINK ABOUT.. Jimmy Buffett

A QUARTER PAST WONDERFUL... Oren Lauie

ALWAYS ON MY MIND... Willie Nelson

ANNIVERSARY SONG... Cowboy Junkies

BEGIN AGAIN... Colby Caillat

BIG BAD JOHN.. Jimmy Dean

BIZAAR LOVE TRIANGLE... Frentel

BLUE HEAVEN RENDEVOUS.. Jimmy Buffett

BORN IN THE U.S.A... Bruce Springsteen

BRASS IN POCKET... Pretenders

BRAIN STEW.... Alex Henikes

BRAND NEW KEY... Melanie

BRIGHT AS YELLOW... Innocence Mission

CARNIVAL... Natalie Merchant

CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.. Little Feet

CHANGE.. Tracy Chapman

CHASING CARS... Snow Patrol

CLARITY... John Mayer

CLOSING TIME... Semisonic

COFFEE .. Copeland

COFFEE SONG (THE).. Jars of Clay

COME TOGETHER.. Dawn Tyler./ Paul Dejlauriers

COTTON FIELDS... The Highwaymen

CRANBERRY LAKE... Art Hest

DIAMOND MOUNTAIN... Luke Bloom

DON'T KNOW WHY.. Norah Jones

DRAW THE LINE... David Gray

DUST IN THE WIND... Kansas

EASIER LIFE... Loyola

FOREVER MY FRIEND... Ray Montagne

GASOLINE STAIN.. Lindsay Jane

GLENDALE TRAIN. New Riders of the Purple Sage

GO TELL IT ON MOUNTAIN.. Simon & Garfunkel

GONNA WALK THIS ROAD... Eric Bibb

GOODNIGHT IRENE.. Traditional

GOTTA TRAVEL ON... Billy Grammar

HERE COMES THE SUN.. George Harrison

HEY PORTER... Ry Cooder

HOW TO SAVE A LIFE... Fray

I ADORE YOU... Malpo Mene

I HAVE A GOOD DAY... Paul Thorn

I LOVE MY SHIRT.. Donovan

I WANNA BE SEDATED... The Recliners

ICE CREAM.. Sarah Mclachlin

IF I HAD A HAMMER.. Peter, Paul and Mary

I'LL BE... Edwin McCain

I'M LIKE A BIRD... Nelly Furtado

I'M YOURS... Jason Mraz

IN THE COLORS... Ben Harper

INDIGO GIRLS.. Galileo

IT'S A BIG OLD GOOFY WORLD.. John Prine

IT'S MY JOB.. Jimmy Buffett

IT'S YOUR WORLD NOW... Eagles

JUNK CARS.. Mac McAnally

KEY LIME PIE.. Kenny Chesney

LEAST COMPLICATED... Indigo Girls

LET THERE BE SURF... Chevelle

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME.. Bob Skaggs

LOVE IS ALL AROUND... Toby Lightman

LOVE SOMEBODY... Schuyler Fisk

MAMA TOLD ME... Three Dog Night

MEET VIRGINIA... Train

MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE.. Sting

MOTHER'S LITTLE HELPER... Eleanor McEvoy

MY LOVE WILL COME... Matt Ebb

NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN.. Fleetwood Mac

NIGHT BIRDS... Ryan Adams

NOTHING... Edie Brickwell

NOTHING I CAN DO... Ben Taylor

ONE LOVE.. Bob Marley

PARADISE.. John Prine

PEACE TRAIN... Yusuf (Cat Stevens)

PIANO MAN.. Billy Joel

POT CAN'T CALL KETTLE BLACK.. Jerry Walker

PINK MOON... Nick Drake

PLEASE CALL ME BABY... Tom Wails

REBEL, REBEL.. Seu Jorge

REHAB.. Amy Winehouse

ROCKY RACOON... The Beatles

RIDE LIKE THE WIND... Christopher Cross

SHOTGUN DOWN THE AVALANCHE.. Shawn Colvin

SOCRATES... Mac McAnaly

SOLITUDE... Edwin McCAin

SOMEBODY MORE LIKE YOU.. Nickel Creek

SOUTH CENTRAL RAIN... R.E.M.

STAY (I MISSED YOU) Lisa Loeb

STAY OR LEAVE... Dave Matthews

STRONG ENOUGH... Sheryl Crow

STUCK IN A MOMENT YOU CAN'T GET OUT.. U2

SUDDENLY I SEE... K.T. Tunstall

SUMMER IN THE CITY... The Lovin' Spoonful

SWEET PEA... Amos Lee

THANK YOU... Dido

THE HEART OF SATURDAY NIGHT.. Tom Wails

THE BOB SONG.. Willie Nelson

THE HUNGRY YEARS.. Neil Sadaka

THE LITTLE THINGS... Colbie Cailart

THE M.T.A... The Kingston Trio

THE MOON IS MADE OF GOLD.. Rickie Lee Jones

THE UNICORN... The Irish Robers

THESE FOUR WALLS.. Gavin Creel

THOSE WERE THE DAYS.. Mary Hopkin

TRAVELIN' Man.. Ricky Nelson

TREAT HER LIKE A LADY... Cornelius Brothers

TIME TO MOVE ON... Tom Petty

TROUBLE NO MORE... Darden Smith

TURN, TURN, TURN... The Byrds

UNPLAYED PIANO... Damien Rice/Lisa Harrigan

UP ON CRIPPLE CREEK.. Gomez

UPSIDE DOWN... Jack Johnson

VOLCANO... Damien Rice

WALK RIGHT IN... The Rooftop Singers

WEDDING BELL BLUES... Fifth Deminsion

WE'LL SING IN THE SUNSHINE... Gayle Garnett

WET DREAMS.. Kip Addota

WHEN YOU SAY NOTHING AT ALL.. Alison Krauss

WHO WILL SING YOUR SONG... Jewel

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME... Shelby Lynne

WILD FLOWERS... Tom Petty

WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN.. Pete Townshend

WON'T GO HOME WITHOUT YOU... Maroon 5

WORLD WITHOUT LOVE.. Jonah Smith

YOU AND ME... Dave Matthews

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.. Mavis Staples/ Jeff Tweedy

YOU ARE THE SUN I AM THE MOON.. Neil Diamond

• stupka

Good Acoustic Guitar Songs

If you only begin to play the guitar then you require the best courses on the market to discover ways to enjoy that difficult instrument and the best is Jamorama website, here https://tr.im/W2tdC

In the event that you are likely to learn the guitar for the first time (Or perhaps you tried before and just couldn't have the "hang" of it), then Jamorama is the right class for you personally since every training includes a video to accompany the concepts, and once you've removed by way of a week of instructions, you can obtain and printing a workout sheet related to these lessons.

The video lessons show you how to perform chords – the fundamentals of enjoying guitar. You'll figure out how to perform significant, small, 7th, and simple chords. If you do not understand what any one of meaning, do not allow it frighten you. It's all described in more detail in the videos.

A very important thing about this is when you receive these essentials down, the names and the technicality just move to the backdrop and you don't genuinely have to consider it far more – you can only perform!

I've been playing for a couple years and love it! You Can Learn Guitar And Popular Worship Songs With A Step-By-Step Guide In Just 30 Days - http://playworshipguitar.info/play-today-217.html

+) A Truly Step-By-Step Guitar Learning System For Aspiring Christian Guitarists…

+) Easily Learn Guitar And Worship Songs With Follow-Along Video Lessons

+) Learn Guitar Anytime – At Your Own Pace

The great thing about Play Worship Guitar is that it is designed with the student in mind.

Join Play Worship Guitar Today!

Get Started Now - http://playworshipguitar.info/play-today-217.html

Play Worship Guitar gives you everything you’ll ever need to start learning guitar, and show you exactly how to play songs by your favorite Christian artists. Good Luck!

Source(s): Christian Guitar Lessons - Learn Guitar....Learn Worship! - http://playworshipguitar.info/play-today-217.html

These days you can learn how to play guitar over the internet. Check out Mark McKenzie's guitar video lessons here: http://www.jamoramaguitar.com/ The videos are very easy to follow and to my surprise extremely helpful even for advanced guitar players. For beginners I would have to say this is a gold mine.

I was able to improve my skills in just under 4 weeks and I am an intermediate-to-advanced guitar player; I've been playing guitar for the past 6 years and I was on stage with my band a lot of times.

I live in New York City, I wanted to go to a pro guitar teacher but that would have cost me over $1400 per month. Good thing with this internet, $1400 it's a lot of money for me. Good luck!

One of the most diverse muscles in our bodies is the tongue. This amazing tool not only helps you talk, but also helps you properly sing. When you sing, it is important that your tongue rest in specific areas as certain notes or scales are attempted. Learn here how to sing https://tr.im/LqQYR

The tip of the tongue is the easiest to control, but is not what is used the most in singing. When you sing, the tip of your tongue should be lightly pressed against the back of the lower teeth. This will ensure that it doesn't get in the way, or hinder the middle, sides, or back of the tongue when attempting certain notes. The back of the tongue, probably one of the hardest areas to control, should be the section that is relaxed. Once you get used to keeping the tip of your tongue lightly pressed against the back of your teeth, this should be easier to do. You can even put the tip a little lower if you feel it's in the way or becomes irritated. So, the back of the tongue should be relaxed, yet ready for use. You should be able to control it a little bit at this point. As you practice singing a little more, try to notice what the back and middle section of your tongue are doing. On lower tones or notes, the tongue will lie flat. On higher tones, the contrary. When it comes to lower tones, the tongue doesn't have as much work to do because the lower sound that is emitted originates in the chest cavity and is formed through the throat. With higher tones, however, the higher the tone, the more 'active' this back section of the tongue must be. Now that the tongue has been covered in some detail, it should be noted that singing is difficult on the muscles and surrounding cavities and ligaments. However, difficult does not mean painful. If in hopes of reaching a certain tone or trying to hold a sound, you thereby cause stress to your neck or throat muscles, you are not going to last long. Controlling these muscles, as steadily as possible, and working them to a certain point each day, without strain, is one of the most important factors when it comes to practicing and learning how to sing. Remember, you should never feel pain nor strain.

If you want to learn how to enjoy the guitar and you never know what is the best on the web course then you should take a peek here https://tr.im/W2tdC , you will soon be impress with the Jamorama course for guitar.

Jamorama online course is just a very aesthetic class (they have plenty of graphics). In Jamorama explains how to read guitar tablature very clearly, they handles bad behaviors that musicians generally produce (so that you do not build them, thus squandering your useful time).

Jamorama is great for the novices to learn to enjoy the guitar because they could enjoy along side Jam Paths to imitate being in a band.

With Jamorama online course for guitar you will have all the information you need.

How long it takes to learn guitar depends on how good you want to get and how much practice you put in. How good you can get with 1-2 hours a day for a few months depends on what methods you use to practice. There are effective practice methods that will help you make the best use of your time. This course is one of the best. https://tinyurl.im/aH7NX It's not just about how much you play but how effectively you play that will determine how good you will get.

I've been playing for a couple years and love it! You Can Learn Guitar With A Step-By-Step Guide - http://jamorama.info/learn-guitar-217.html

Discover a Proven Method for Quickly and Easily ‘Programming’ Your Hands to Play Complex Guitar Chords, Scales and Strums Like a Professional!

+) Train your fingers to make flawlessly smooth chord changes... even if you’re a total klutz when it comes to chords.

+) Learn to play complex scales as if doing so were as simple as speaking... even if finding your voice is difficult on the best of days.

+) Train yourself to play whole songs... even if you’ve never been the musical one in your family or circle of friends.

+) Train your hand to pick the strings with total control, speed and accuracy... even if you’ve never been able to go very fast without getting the ‘speed wobbles’.

+) Learn to play with all the finesse of a seasoned professional... even if you’re completely tactless in all other areas of life.

Discover Right Now - http://jamorama.info/learn-guitar-217.html

Your Life as an Exceptional Guitarist Awaits You! Good luck!

Source(s): A Proven Guitar Method - http://jamorama.info/learn-guitar-217.html

That would be tough to answer not knowing anything about you (whether you're even male or female, what your vocal range is, whether you have a soft, sultry voice, or an edgier raspier voice, what genre you like - country, pop, rock, classical, etc). Listen to stuff on the radio or Pandora or something and find something you like to sing along with, then find the chords to it and play it. You have to pick something you like.