Whats more dangerous underwater or space?

I think underwater is more dangerous than space

Best Answer

For space you have,

1.very low pressure

2.extremely cold

3.no breathable oxygen

4.radiation.

For deep water you have,

1.very high pressure

2.very cold

3.no breathable oxygen

4.maybe some deep sea predators.

Both have 4 main dangers.

In space you would explode while in deep water you would implode.

In space you would freeze instantly while in deep water you would slowly get colder but not freeze.

In space you would suffocate from lack of oxygen while in deep water you would also suffocate from lack of oxygen.

In space you would die from radiation from the sun while in deep water you might get killed by a deep sea creature (as there are many deep sea creatures that have not yet been found, that could have deadly venom and poisons etc).

Space would probably be the most dangerous because you would instantly die from the cold but slowly die from the cold in deep water, and you would definitely die from radiation in space compered to taking your chances with dangerous creatures that may or may not exist in deep water.

Space is definitely more dangerous. Don't quote me on this but if it were not for the pressurized suits they wear in space your body would immediately explode from the inside out and then be crushed instantly. Also the temperature of space is about -470 degrees Fahrenheit which would also instantly kill you. The only real danger underwater is the lack of oxygen and high pressure at deeper depths, both of which can be easily dealt with diving equipment. Temperature can be an issue but that changes by location where as in space temperature is generally a constant.

Source(s): Physics student.

Space

• Ava

space because of the temperature is way colder than underwater and you have no chance of escape in space because you cant really move because of no gravity while underwater you can just swim to the surface. In space you will die instantly underwater 3 minutes

Yes....underwater! we know more about space than we know about what's under the ocean. However, most people would say both are the same. I believe the only difference between UW and S is that you implode underwater, and explote in space.

In my case I prefer to die instantly than being in pain for three minutes.....so I would prefer to die in space. Being underwater for a long time causes more desperation since you know there's a way out, but you can't just swim up......YES! You can't just swim up because the change of pressure within your body would make your internal organs explote. That's why divers dive slowly to the top.

• Brett

For me I think both, because when your in space, if you haven't any space suit, you'll gradually exposed to too much radiation from the sun and you'll be exposed to the atmosphere in space that our skin are not suitable for it. Another is when your in underwater, nothing gonna have a problem of yours but it will dangerous for you if you're not good in swimming :)

space and underwater are about the same as far as we know we have only been in space so far and so long and NASA chranans there astronauts in water cuz there are so similar

Space for sure:

underwater is very very pressurized (depending how deep)

BUT space has absolutely no pressure, and our bodies are built to live in the pressurized conditions of the earth. in space, without a space suit, you will explode, because there is no pressure holding your body together. underswater you will implode.

i would say space

radiation, asteriod, pressure, cold/ heat...etc

underwater is not that dangerous since most fish are not interested in humans

You didn't say how FAR underwater. I have been underwater a lot in my life. Kids do it in the bathtub.