Am I fit to play high school football?

Im 13 and almost done with 8th grade this year and wanted to know if I'm big enough to play HS football. I'm 5'4'' and 105 lbs. What positions would be best? Safety, wide receiver, cornerback, QB. I can throw accurately to around 20-25 yards.

Favorite Answer

Yes, based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at the wide receiver position. For your age, you have the ideal size for a high school freshman wide receiver. Keep in mind, some high school freshman wide receivers are shorter than 5 feet, and weigh less than 100 pounds.

What you need to do this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, and exercise by doing a lot of running every day. Personally, I recommend a calorie intake of 1800-2200, as well as at least one hour of running, per day. If you do these two things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful wide receiver in high school football.

Even as a freshman a bit on the small side. Work out this summer and try to gain weight. As to your position? Wherever the coaches put you. Btw just being realistic your to short to be a qb.

If you have the talent you can play.. You're only in the 8th grade so you have plenty of time to grow.. Get with the coach and ask him what options, if any, are available to you.. He will make the decision based on the talent available and the needs of the team this coming season... Good luck....

im small just like u, and to be honest u can be an amazing defensive player, u have to work out and lift too, best lifts r deadlift, box squats, squats, towel bench, jammer