JM
JM asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Buy or Sell: Dirk is still the best PF until he can't perform at the elite playoff level he normally does?

Dirk just came off arguably the best playoff run since prime Duncan & Shaq, in which he outplayed Durant, Kobe, Wade, and LeBron all in one playoffs, to lead his team to a title. Kevin Love hasn't even played a playoff game yet. I don't understand why people don't understand that Dirk, like many other players came into this season unconditioned because they were expecting the NBA to lockout for the rest of the season. I also don't understand why no one takes into consideration Dirk's knee was injured for a good chunk of the season, and he's only playing 32 minutes to get ready for the playoffs. How does putting up great regular season numbers for 40 games make you better than an already proven, elite playoff performer.

Aside from rebounding, Love doesn't have much on Dirk. Dirk's the better passer. Dirk is much more clutch and reliable when you need him most (career: 28.7ppg, 11.7rpg, 49%fg, 39%3pt, 89%ft in elimination games). Dirk creates his own shot better, handles better, is more unguardable with one foot fadeaways, spin moves, up and unders, and other crafty moves. And he's a better leader, and defender.

Yes, Love has had the best season, because he's 1. Healthy, 2. Playing around 39 minutes, and Dirk is at the point in his career where his minutes are going to be cut in the regular season for the playoffs. Do people remember when Tim Duncan was injured and had his minutes cut during 06, 07, and 08 and people said he was done in the REGULAR season? What did he do come playoff time? Play his normal minutes, dominate, win a title in 07, WCF in 08, and put up monster numbers.

Dirk isn't done, and I know people are going to get on my case about this, but I could care less, because come PLAYOFF time, i'll be proved right about this.

Tim Duncan wasn't done until 09 when he couldn't lift his game in the playoffs anymore. He haven't seen that yet with Dirk, so imo, it's premature to declare someone else as the best PF when they didn't EARN it yet.

Best Answer

Absolutely! He had a roughy start, but after rehab he's been averaging at least 25 ppg and about 9 rpg and is also working on assists. Dirk is a better passer and an underrated ball-handler. I have the same thoughts as yours, I don't care who people think the best PF is but whoever proves themself come playoffs is the one that matters.

Top 30 greatest all time

He should be ATLEAST top 60 when he retires.