Walt Disney world or Universal Studios FL?

Ok so my friends and I plan on going to Orlando for a week but we can't decide if we should spend our time at Disney World maybe going for a day to universal or if we should get that orlando pass for universal sea world and Things like that And maybe go one day to magic kingdom. We are not huge upside down coaster fans or fans of Harry potter enough to wait the long lines but especially the universal side has so many things that seem interesting as well. We Def. want to do at least a day of Disney because it's amazing and none of us have been to the other Disney parks. Are they worth it? What do you think or what is a budget friendly plan to make the most of your week without killing yourself?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I have been to both Universal Studios and Walt Disney World numerous times, they are both really great experiences. If I were you I would get a pass for Disney and go to all four theme parks and then spend a day at Universal. If you don't like upside down coasters and your not big in waiting in line for Harry Potter then thats your best option, Disney has only one upside down coaster (the rock and roller coaster starring Aerosmith), its other coasters are alot of fun but and alot smoother without loops. Harry Potter will likely have a huge line up, I went there about month ago and it wasn't enjoyable because you could barely move around in there! The line ups were over an hour long and all the shops and restaurants were packed. Disney might be busy but there are alot more attractions in the theme parks then at universal, so the lines won't be as long. Each Disney theme park will definately take a day if you want to look at everything there is to see, or maybe a bit longer so if you choose to do the Disney parks your going to want to plan your time wisely so you do everything that you want.

You can also by Park Hopper Passes for Disney which lets you go to more than one park in the run of a day! It can be very convinient.

The universal parks are great to experience as well, they are alot of fun. I would definately recommend spending a day there. Sea World in my opinion isn't all that great. They have a couple of upside down roller coasters, a water ride, and alot of shows and aquariums to look at. Its not that interesting, I would spend my time in Orlando doing more memorable things for sure.

As far as budgeting goes I would take a look at all the different ticket deals, packages and prices ... the links to the actual theme park sites are in my sources although you MAY be able to get cheaper tickets on different discount websites. The food in all the parks are really expensive as well so its better if your going to spend a full day at a park to eat breakfast before you go , and have one meal there because the prices can really add up!!

Hope I helped and I hope you and your friends have a wonderful vacation!! :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Universal / Islands of Adventure is a 1-2 day max park In my opinion I've been there many times. Disney is one you could go to all four parks for a whole week and still not see everything. If you don't like coasters like you said Disney is probably more for you and maybe a day at Sea world and Universal. In my opinion Disney is worth it for everyone to see at least once, as for a plan to see they parks I'm not sure if they still have the park hopper passes or not, but it would let you go into each of the parks as you wished either from monorail or bus.

• 8 years ago

Do 5 days at Disney, and 2 at Universal.

• 8 years ago

2 Day plan for USF. Hopper for WDW

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.