Jamboy asked in SportsTennis · 9 years ago

Is Nadal past his peak? Will he has same career like Bjorn Borg?

When you see the last 3 or 4 years, he was more dominance on clay courts, faster, stronger and more agility than now. Federer, Djokovic and Murray last year played a lot of good match with Rafa on clay courts, now I think Nadal is not patient save every balls like last 3 or 4 years he did. Will he has same career like Bjorn Borg?

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

I think Rafa and Borg are different players.

I know Rafa plays a physical style of tennis, but I hope he sticks around for a long time to come.

I also don't feel he is past his peak. If it weren't for Djokovic's dominance last yr and at this yrs Aussie Open, Nadal may be a lot closer to Federer in slams right now. Then the conversation would be if he is the greatest ever........

So While he may look vulnerable at the moment, I personally feel he is not past his peak.

I also think Bjorn had a lot left in him when he quit the game.

I don't predict Rafa to win a slam this yr, but he is always in contention for one. So I won't doubt him.

i definently think Nadal is not past his peak.. he evolved his game in 2010.... being more offensive.. and an improved serve

and i would say nadal was even better then bjorn Borg...

think he was more skilled the borg

and reality is... had Djovick not been soooo unstoppable last year... rafa would have captured more slams..... and been where federer is..... and probably would have over taken federer in best man to ever play the game...

While we never know, I think it is highly unlikely. In fact I think he's currently still in his peak that he started in 2008 that had a brief interruption in mid-2009, it's just that Djokovic has also hit his peak and is in his head. Nothing wrong with making it to the last 4 grand slam finals....