Is there a free OS that operates similar to Windows?

I want to download a free Operating System, but all the ones I find only let you do certain things unless you know how to tweak them, which I don't. I just want a new OS that lets me go on the internet like with Firefox, and play downloadable games and games and programs from discs, do iTunes, watch videos, and... show more I want to download a free Operating System, but all the ones I find only let you do certain things unless you know how to tweak them, which I don't. I just want a new OS that lets me go on the internet like with Firefox, and play downloadable games and games and programs from discs, do iTunes, watch videos, and store music and stuff like Windows does, without having to tweak or do anything to them. I currently have Windows Vista and want to wipe the hard drive and start with a new OS. I also have a mini netbook that needs a new OS, but doesn't have a disc drive so I would need to be able to download it onto a flashdrive. I want something that's easy to use. I've heard a lot of people say Linux is better than Windows, but also have heard that it's more complicated and you have to know what you're doing. I know a little, but for the purpose of this, act like I know nothing. I want it plain and simple. Thank you.
6 answers 6