Tom Cruise- good actor? good films?

What is your opinion of Tom's movies and acting? I ask this because half the people I know like him, the other half not so much.

1- Is he a good actor in your opinion?

2- Which of his films do you really like? Or which films do you think are bad?

I honestly had no idea that was him in Tropic Thunder! I read the credits at the end, because that character was cracking me up- that was Tom Cruise!!! Shocking- nobody told me he was in it before I watched the film.

• LilyRT
    Favorite Answer

he's a decent actor with a somewhat narrow range. his greatest asset is that he has mega charisma on screen and he is GREAT at picking movie roles.

my faves--the guy has been in a ton of things I really love:

Interview With a Vampire

Rain Man (he's underrated in this one)

Top Gun

Mission Impossible

War of the Worlds (if you can remove dakota fanning)

A Few Good Men

The Firm

Legend

The Color of Money

Taps

bad movies: Far and Away--hate it, hate it, hate it

Days of Thunder

The Last Samurai

and a lot of his other stuff aren't home runs, but they're ambituous and creative, which makes them worth the price of admission: Minority Report, Vanilla Sky, Eyes Wide Shut, etc.

I think he is a pretty decent actor, he's had some really good performances and has made a few great films.

These are his best movies, in mostly chronological order:

Risky Business

Born on the Fourth of July

Magnolia (this is his best role in my opinion)

Minority Report

Collateral

Tropic Thunder

The Mission Impossible Series (Except 2 which I hate)

My all time well known is optimal Gun because of the fact it replaced into the 1st Tom Cruise movie I had ever considered. I enjoyed the way he performed the character that felt he consistently had to surpass his father's image and be greater valuable than truthfully everyone else. I additionally enjoyed Jerry Maguire because of the fact on the time it got here out i replaced into in colege analyzing activities administration interior the hopes of fixing into an agent. Cruise is my all time well known actor and that i've got each and every movie he has been in.

Tom is a damn good actor. He wouldn't have been able to make so many classic films, if he sucked. Even when he's not right for the part, he seems to make it his own. Even when his character is weird and goofy or scary, he can still shine as a great part of the film.

People keep saying that Tom just plays himself every time.

What about Collateral? Tom Cruise was playing a skilled, professional assassin and did a GREAT job.

What about Tropic Thunder? He played an offensive, balding, fat studio exec and I couldn't even recognize him at first.

What about Magnolia? Rock of Ages? Born on The 4th of July?

I don't think he is an actor, but he has qualities that are very special. It's rare for a movie star to stay around for generations and to keep their appeal. My favorite movies of his are the Mission Impossible series.

i dont care what any idiots say bad about him... he's a great actor.

Top Gun

All the right Moves

Risky Business

War of the Worlds (only idiots hate this one)

very few bad roles.

1 - top gun , its a classic right and i think he is great in tropic thunder

2 - yeah he is a good actor

Overrated.