Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Should Millionaire Actor Laurence Fishburne help his disabled poor homeless relatives be 4 donating 2 charity?

I just feel its wrong that Actor Laurence Fishburne has 1st Cousins he grew up with in RavensWood houses in queens ny who are disabled & homeless, does nothing to help them out of poverty ,yet he finds time to give charity away to total strangers , yes he earned his money but how can he help strangers when he has blood relatives who he knows that are. living in living in poverty & even homeless? Can anyone answer this question for me ?

Favorite Answer

It's his money, what he does with it is his business. It could be that he's realized that when you start paying for the living expenses of your extended family, you tend to go broke pretty quickly. Such scenarios have befallen people like Willie Nelson, Michael Vick, and others.

Edit: Can't help but notice, the OP's account and the person pretending to be Laurence Fishburne's 1st cousin accounts were made on the exactly the same day. Rookie troll mistake.

How he uses his money is his business. Maybe he does not want to help them because he wants to see them helping themselves first. I come from a wealthy family, and i am a single parent who has raised my son without much help or assistance from my family. We are both disabled , and my family lives a very good fluent life. they have many homes and travel all the time. But, I am glad they just do not give me money all the time, It feels like I have pride knowing i can make it on my own and support myself and son. It is a sad situation for a wealthy man to be in, but he chooses to spend money on charity's and larger things that can help more people. He is in his right to do whatever he wants with his income , even if it is at a sacrifice helping his own cousins.

Why should he be made to feel bad? He can spend his money on what he wishes. Having money doesn't mean you should support every family member that falls into financial difficulty.

How do you know he hasn't tried to help them in the past only to have them take advantage? You know nothing about there situation and in no place to judge.

• Judith

Maybe those poor, homeless relatives are deadbeats, alcoholics or drug addicts. Maybe they haven't done a darn thing to help themselves. Maybe he was unaware of their living conditions. The point is "who knows" and who are you to judge? I am the oldest of almost 30 cousins and I haven't the faintest idea where the youngest four live except that I know they live somewhere out west. And if I had millions and learned that they were living on disability I wouldn't feel that it would be my responsibility to aid them financially. I would give to my mother, sisters and their husbands and my nieces and nephews and a few friends who could use the help. My cousins are on their own.

Of course it is wrong but he is not the first cheap, selfish, self centered person out there. I remember this guy won the lottery and spent money on very stupid things but would not give money to his niece to get an artificial leg. The guy ended up broke and as far as l am concerned it could not happened to a better man.

• Nox

It's his money and his business. It's not my place nor yours to judge what other people should be doing with their money as long as it's legal.

• ?

maybe his family doesn't deserve help, want help or what ever. Why is it your business? Just because it's family, does not mean you HAVE to help thenm all the time. maybe he did help, got tired of everyone depending on him

WHO SAYS HE IS A MILLIONAIRE????YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HIS EXPENSES ARE...I AM HIS FIRST COUSIN AND HAVE SOME STORIES TO TELL BUT I WILL TAKE THEM WITH ME TO MY GRAVE. I WILL NOT BASH HIM ...BUT I WILL SAY THAT HE IS A GREAT ACTOR AND HE HAS TO ANSWER FOR THE CHOICES HE MAKES IN THIS LIFE JUST LIKE WE ALL DO...I HAVE MAD LOVE FOR HIM AND I PERSONALLY HAVE NEVER AND NEVER WILL ASK HIM FOR A DIME REGARDLESS OF MY OWN PERSONAL SITUATIONS IN LIFE. GOD BLESS HIM AND JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE MILLIONS IN THIS LIFE BUT IT IS THE AFTER LIFE THAT WE SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT...OUR GOOD DEEDS IN THIS LIFE SHOULD OUT WEIGH OUR BAD DEEDS . WE ALL WILL ANSWER FOR THE CHOICES WE MAKE IN THIS LIFE WHEN WE ARE CALLED HOME. DEPEND ON GOD ...NOT ON MAN...