emjob
emjob asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Favourite film directed by Terry Gilliam?

Just that really! Unless you care to rate and elaborate? (I like long answers)

Best answer 10 points :)

Hey everyone! ((Logan)) and ((Marina)), Liam and Harrison Ford! Great answers so far :) I like Brazil and 12 Monkeys, I hated Fear and Loathing :) never really been a huge fan of the Monty Python stuff either. I guess I've never been a huge fan of 'trippy' movies, I like a good firm story :D

• \Liam\
    Favorite Answer

Hey emjob,

sooo many to choose from, I love Gilliam. I think though if I had to pick a top 3 it would be:

1) The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: The most visually beautiful film I have ever seen in my whole life, and Heath Ledger's final performance. Love the soundtrack too

2) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Love it! Crazy, funny, and amazing soundtrack.

3) Brazil: Loved this movie too, so funny, scary and cool

I have to say though, I HATE Tideland! One of my least favourite movies ever.

• Logan

There are a few, one being The Holy Grail, I remember seeing that with my friends, We knew all the words , and would act it out, we would have Monty Python night, had so much fun

12 Monkey's, great movie I have not seen that in a while, need to re watch that one

Time Bandits one of th great movies, I still like it to this day

The Brothers Grim, what can I say lol

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I liked it , but most say they don't

I could go on, but I will spare you lol I would rate them like this

The Holy Grail 10

Time Bandits 9.5

12 Monkeys 9

The Brothers Grim 7.5

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 8.5

((Emma))

• Hellloooooo Emma! :) :) :) Rate and elaborate? Oh alright then, loviee.

I have to second Brazil. I love the visual gags like the vagrant appearing above the cityscape, the entire storyline from the time we see Buttle appear, and the humor throughout. 10/10

“Holy Grail” as well its just one of my favourite comedy of all time. It's a comedic masterpiece, there’s just no debate there. But to be fair, the film was an ensemble affair, so the overall effect can be more attributed to the group as a whole than just Gilliam himself. An easy 10/10.

“Time Bandits”, comes pretty close to greatness as well but for very different reasons. It (to mme at least) really can be enjoyed at any age, and that is really a rare thing, especially these days. Its hard for me to imagine anyone not liking this film- its like not liking the original Star Wars. But that's just me. 8.5/10

My absolute personal favourite of his (that is so underrated) is The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. I adore it. I’m always discovering new things in his movies (especially with "Munchausen") with every viewing. It's like really, really dense cauldrons of imagination, and pretty easy to miss all the ingredients he puts into every strange (but usually wonderful) brew. :) 10/10

I've only seen one film by him that I didn't particularly enjoy and that was: Tideland. I've heard Fear and Loathing was pretty meh and so was Jabberwocky... but I haven't gotten around to watching those yet. I think I'll just cherish and re-watch the films I DO like by him.

Brazil

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Well, I only saw Brazil, which was alright. Not quite as good of a dystopian movie as Blade Runner but it's still pretty good.

I loved Brazil, one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen.

Brazil, no contest.

Runner up would be Baron.

Twelve Monkeys

.