In the 90s, I read a fiction book about a girl w/acute lymphocytic leukemia. Anyone remember the name?

I specifically remember the name of the illness that the girl had. I remember there being a passage from Ecclesiastes in the book, I think the girl went to a camp for kids with cancer, and I think there might have been a character named Aisling. I cannot for life of me remember the name of the book or the author and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about???

Favorite Answer

Check Lurlene Mcdaniel's books... she mostly writes about young adults struggling with mortality and chronic illness

Inviincible Summer by Jean Ferris

"Invincible Summer introduces illness and death into what might otherwise be a standard teen love story. Here, first love is also a last look at life, and the rites of passage into romance, sexuality, and intimacy are intensified and thrust into profound paradox by approaching death. Robin and Rick meet in the hospital where she has come for a battery of tests, and he for chemotherapy. Both have acute lymphocytic leukemia. He’s been sick for two years. She’s just finding out about her own condition."

http://litmed.med.nyu.edu/Annotation?action=view&a...