How much did it cost the American taxpayer to send Obama's daughter and her friends to Mexico?

Obama's oldest daughter, Malia, and twelve of her friends were treated to a Spring break vacation in Mexico. Along with the 13 girls there were 25 Secret Service Agents that went along. How much do you think this little vacation cost the American tax payer?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Mod
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Given the circumstances of a poor distressed nation, this trip appears to be rather poor thinking on the part of Obama or a blatant "who gives a sh*t" attitude.

This probably won't stay on here long since much is being deleted on Yahoo. Rarely do I agree with Rick Santorum, but he has a point with addressing the kiddie vacation story.

"An AFP report that President Barack Obama’s 13-year-old daughter, Malia, is spending spring break in Oaxaca, Mexico appears to have been completely scrubbed from the Internet news sites that first reported it. Pictures have appeared in Mexican magazine Quién.com allegedly showing Malia visiting Oaxaca.

AFP, the French news agency, first reported around mid-day Monday that Malia Obama was vacationing in Mexico with 12 friends under the protection of 25 Secret Service agents and a number of local police officers. (RELATED: More in Politics)

The International Business Times reported that “the group arrived in Oaxaca on Saturday and reportedly visited the architectural site of Mitla.”

The Department of Public Safety, a Texas law enforcement agency, issued a warning on Tuesday against students celebrating their spring breaks in violence-torn Mexico. The Huffington Post reported that in February, the United States State Department “recommended that Americans avoid travel to all or parts of 14 or 31 Mexican states. It’s the widest travel advisory issued by the U.S. since Mexico stepped up its drug war in 2006.”

"Since the story was first reported, it appears to have been scrubbed from a number of news outlets. The Huffington Post, International Business Times, The Australian, The Telegraph and Global Grind have all removed the article. AFP, which initially reported the story, now links to an unrelated story on “Sengalese superstar Youssou Ndour.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03.../#ixzz1pfOfCvqK

Drudge has two links to stories about Melia spring breaking in Mexico, but as of 8 pm EST one links to "Page Not Found", the other to a totally unrelated story. A Google search of news for "Melia Mexico" returns a variety of news story links, all of which return simliar 404 page not found or totally unrelated story results. The only actual link I found still working was for the Edmonton News. Need further proof our news is being scrubbed?"

• 9 years ago

@Mr. Wolf "About the same amount it cost to send the Bush twins on their vacation to Buenos Aires."

Well let's see, the Bush twins were 25 years old and only had the standard Secret Service protection any family member of a sitting president would get. The Obama daughter is freakin' 13 years old! The article mentions three or four friends in the Bush trip. Obama is part of a group of 13 girls. There's also a travel warning for Mexico. It's down right dangerous down there. There are lots of desperate people looking for any opportunity. Did I mention they're only 13? Great way to stay in-touch with the common man.

• 9 years ago

My daughter was home for spring break, from college, last week. We cannot afford to send her anywhere and she spent the week trying to research jobs (there are few) for when she graduates in about 8 weeks. The Obama girls won't have to worry about such things, whatever job they apply for, down the road, will be an amazing thing and there will be no question of them getting hired.

My daughter has had to work hard and has never had a spring break vacation.

I resented the Bush girls going on such a trip and resent these girls as well. Must be nice to have everything you want paid for by the taxpayers.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Mr. Wolf -

Please list all of the expensive foreign vacations that the Bush twins went on with a large group of their friends.

Why the heck is a 13 yo going on a spring break vacation to Mexico anyways??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Once again, their elitism is showing. How about Spring Break at a United States destination, Michelle? Not good enough, AGAIN.

• 9 years ago

In the past the Obamas have paid out of pocket for all of their personal costs while on vacation. I assume they will do so for this trip as well (including her friends expenses). As far as secret service protection I guess you would prefer the presidents family be locked in the White House during their term in office.

• M
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Way too much. Remember to vote him out in November.

• Bug
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Less than it costs for the secret service details for Romney, Gingrich, Santorum and Paul.

• 9 years ago

Spread evenly, a few fractions of a cent each.

• 9 years ago

Several million and security unless his friends at the cartels are providing it, too bad he doesn't take the whole family there and stay

Source(s): Paul Grass, PhD Level 7 YA user/if in doubt check the level out May God bless you ,the USA and may God keep us safe from the progressive axis of evil;0bama,Pelosi & Reid
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.