Nick asked in SportsHockey · 8 years ago

What are your opinions on which team should pick which player in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft?

I only have to say something about three teams

Edmonton- obviously they got the first overall pick two years in a row. They have a great offense they just need to add defense so I think they should go for a defenseman even if they draw the first overall pick they should still pick a defenseman. So I'm basically saying they should not go after an offense player like Nail Yakupov.

Columbus- They will most likely get the first overall pick but they are not guaranteed the first overall pick. I think they will get Nail Yakupov even if they get the second overall pick.

Phoenix- They need to draft a scorer because I believe they are fine on defense they just need to increase their scoring

Tell me what are your opinions about the teams and what type of player should they try to get.

@No, sorry I forgot to mention that you dont have to use these teams I was just showing those three teams for an example so you can add more teams

Best Answer

Edmonton will pick Ryan Murray

Columbus will pick Nail Yakupov

Phoenix will make the playoffs

Yakupov is the obvious choice for any team, as he is obviously the best player available-it's as simple as that.

You take the best player...especially when there is a devide in talent level. If they don't then they trade down and take a Dman like that, they son't waste the pick.