Questions On Ethiopia?

Please answer these questions about Ethiopia (I need it for a paper I am writing.)

1. Describe how your country has changed since it gained its independence.

2. What are the major languages spoken in your country? Are these languages related to a European colonizer?

3. What major religions are practiced in your country?

4. Are those religions related to a European colonizer?

5. Identify at least one other interesting aspect of your country's culture (food, art, music, dance, etc.)

6. What challenges are your country currently facing? Address at least one major challenge.

7. Address your country's history before European imperialism.

8. Explain the European motives of colonization and imperialism seen in your country.

9. Analyze the process of colonization and imperialism in your country.

If you do not know all the answers, please just answer the ones you do know.

Thanks in advanced!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1.Ethiopia never been colonized

2.Amharic language ,No

3.christian 62.8%

4.No

5. - Ethiopia is the only African country with its own alphabet.

- Ethiopia is the only country in the world with 13 months

- In Ethiopia time is counted on the opposite side of the clock: 6 o’clock is said to be 12 o’clock, and at 16:00 Ethiopians say it is ’10 o’clock’.

- Ethiopia is one of only two countries in the world that have never been occupied. (The other one is Russia, in case you are asked). It managed to stay free by defeating the Italians … twice!

- Although Ethiopia was the first African state to join the League of Nations, it soon became apparent that ‘collective security’ would not be given to an African nation even after atrocities of ethnic cleansing and mass murders were evident after Italy invaded – everyone turned a blind eye and a deaf ear.

- The very first and oldest illustrated book on Christianity is found in Ethiopia.

- Ethiopia is the home of mankind. While the most famous ancestors of mankind are Lucy and Selam, archaeological digs have and will continue to show that it was the valleys of Ethiopia that man came out of.

- Addis Ababa is the highest city in Africa.

6. economic problem (due to the climatic condition)

7. Ethiopia never been colonized http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia

8. intent to control the Red Sea and the passage to the Indian Ocean

9. again I am saying we never been colonized so I don't know this answer sorry

I hope it helps!

• 8 years ago

1. Ethiopia has always had its independence.

2. The most common language is Amharic and there is also an alphabet (Official Language). No, the language is not related to any European colonizer considering Ethiopia was never colonized.

3. The major religion is Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity but Islam is also practiced in some areas.

4. No, again Ethiopia was not colonized.

5. Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee and Ethiopians have a special coffee ceremony in the home. They have very unique dancing, music, and food (you can go on YouTube to check out some of the music). The culture in general is very unique.

6. Poverty is the biggest challenge Ethiopia is facing.

7. Ethiopia was not colonized, Italy did attempt to colonize it, but the Italians were defeated.

8 & 9 ^^^^^

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.