Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 8 years ago

How to do nude camping legally?

I've been interested in trying out nude camping for a while now, but I have no idea where to do it legally. I know it's illegal to be nude where people can see you without having to scale a fence or look in a window, so would it be legal to do nude camping on conservation land if I were to put up a temporary tarp fence about eight feet tall around the campsite so someone would literally have to look over the fence to see me? I would suspend the tarp from the trees that surround the campsite with rope. Would this be legal? I live in Massachusetts. The conservation land I would do this on isn't all that popular with camping so I would be the only person there for most of the time.

• Dan H
    Favorite Answer

Private land.

Join a nudist camp.

Nude Camping

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to do nude camping legally?

I've been interested in trying out nude camping for a while now, but I have no idea where to do it legally. I know it's illegal to be nude where people can see you without having to scale a fence or look in a window, so would it be legal to do nude camping on conservation land if I were to...

Source(s): nude camping legally: https://shortly.im/4YqQm

Check your state and local laws about whether being nude without being lewd in the wilderness or where others aren't likely to see you is technically legal or not. In many states and counties, there really isn't a law against simple nudity alone. If that's the case, set up camp where others aren't likely to see you, and you'll probably be OK. If someone sees you, smile, or ignore them.

It is much easier to just go to a nudist campground or resort. Almost all of the resorts have camping on the premises. Then you don't have to worry, and can just relax and enjoy it.

Source(s): Long time social nudist and wilderness hiker.

You would need to get a camping permit for government land. (Private property it is completely legal and any outsiders that complain, you could press tresspassing charges against and they have no legal say in what you do, even if you are overlooking Government land, however you need to post tresspassing signs and adult only signs, only if overlooking governmaent land). For a National Camp ground I pay $25 a month and a state park is bout $20 a month, you can also get weekly passes, some campgrounds allow you to pay a campground host nightly or for up to 2 weeks, Prices may have gone up I have not been camping in almost a decade. (I am a Disabled Veteran and get a discount). A campground host is actually an employee (normally volunteers) of either the Forestry Service, or your states Parks and Recreation, so don't mess with them, they can call law enforcment, and the U.S. Forestry Park Rangers are Federal Police, with the park and all things having to do with the park being thier Jurisdiction, they also usually have some Vetinarian training. In the Countries Parks Law enforcement also has spotters in remote areas looking for wrong doers, mostly marijuana growers, which they consider a growing problem in this country, but you could still be spotted and singled out, and they also use aircraft with High power Cameras and Heat sensing devices, and at a Campground with a host, they record your name, and when you get a permit, the permit is usually assigned to your Vehicle..

If you get a camping permit for government land, you can put up a perimeter ( even 8 ft.) or as big as you want for your camp site, be aware you can get a ticket for lewd conduct for sound as well as visual lewd conduct I would still have a set of clothes nearby so I could claim I was in between changing clothes if officials show up. Even if you go someplace you think is secluded, it may not be, even if Law enforcement is the only ones to go there it is still Public lewdness.

This to me is pretty dumb though, with sex offender laws the way they are now, you could end up with a legal "jacket" permanently, when you could just go to a nudist colony, which are usually on Private Property.and be 100% safe.

I doubt you're the only one out there with this fetish, and yes this sounds like a fetish, try looking for a group that's into this.

Also, their are freaks out there that would be extremely judgemental against someone they found naked in the middle of the woods, and may even react violently (or worse have you seen, "Deliverance" or maybe you're into that LOL).anyway so be safe, may I suggest again to contact and go camping on private property, like a nudist colony, for safety as well as legal reasons.

*********MountainMan also has a good point, not to help you get to your, "outdoor experience", but if you get injured in the boondocks no one may know until well after your dead, and camping nude does increase your chances for injuries, espeacially minor skin rashes and abrassions, which can turn into major infections, and that's if your not allergic, but if you Hike nude your feet will not get the kind of traction required, and sometimes pants can keep a bone that would normally be a Compound Fracture as simple as a Fracture. I was a Paratrooper, and on a Jump in Panama I was dropped over the Triple Conopy Jungle, where I hurt my spine and Head, but also a tree branch entered my leg right near my groin, and the medics speculated that it would have made a bigger wound and maybe even have entered my Abdomen if it weren't for my pants and Belt. A belt can also be a useful tool in the Great Outdoors. Just food for thought. <On Private Property, or at a nudeist colony you would still be close to the modern world>

Yet again, sorry for my Grammar and spelling but I was tired when I wrote most of this, and it's clear enough to make my point.

Source(s): I am a 36 y/o Irish/Dutch/Jewish French Taoist Priest, I grew up on private Property in the Los Angeles county National Forrest, and when I was homeless I lived in Campgrounds (by Permit, required moving between campgrounds every 2 weeks, out of my car) for a year and a half (this includes bathing, which I, at times, I did nude in streams, I would wear shorts into the water, and remove them and replace them in the water, but I still could have been cited or arrested) This was in the Los Angeles County National Forrest, around where I grew up while I was waiting for the V.A. to determine my Disablity status.

Camping nude "exposes" you to greater chance of injury. There area reasons for wearing appropriate gear for outdoor activities. I slipped tonight on an icy boulder at 12,000 feet on Mount Yale and got (another) cut knee, even though I was wearing good tread on my boots and heavy padding in my pants. Injuries to the unprotected body can be severe in the backcountry. As far as nude lounging goes, it is not enforceable if you are in a remote location where no reasonable person anticipates being seen by others. If you are looking for company, inquire with naturist campgrounds.

I do not see Nudist as a fetish! I see it as a natural think to do. Obviously always that does not have any sexual connotations. I'm actually looking for people that wish to purchage land and live on it, One of the conditions is that people are allowed to go naked if they wish so. Obviously there will be considerations to take, depending were the land is bought. https://www.facebook.com/groups/734818269873388/

Each State and County has different laws, just check with them. But if you really just go out in the woods where it is less utilized, you should be just fine. Most people would just turn around if they were offended by nudity.

Sunscreen, SP8,000

Just go out in the backwoods, the forest I go to, the nearest people could be 20 miles away