Anyone ever removed surgical staples?

I don't have medical insurance and was in a car accident. I had a laceration on my scalp and received four staples on the side of my head. I'm already paying over 1000 dollars for the ambulance ride and ER visit. I found online where you can buy a surgical staple removal tool and even a "How... show more I don't have medical insurance and was in a car accident. I had a laceration on my scalp and received four staples on the side of my head. I'm already paying over 1000 dollars for the ambulance ride and ER visit. I found online where you can buy a surgical staple removal tool and even a "How to" advice section. It looks really easy. If I wait 10-14 days and try to remove this myself, would I be stupid? Anyone done this?
Update: Unfortunately I only had liability coverage because of the age of my car. They covered the towing fee but that was about it.
0