Popular Cheap Meal Poll: Last time you had Ramen Noodles?

http://www.maruchan.com/maruchan_ramen.html

Just heard that if a single person ate nothing but Ramen noodles for a year, it would cost you just $142.

Also, if you put all the noodles in one package end to end, it would be as long as a tennis court!

B.Q.> Do you use the flavor packet, which is approximately a bazillion percent sodium? (Okay, I exaggerated, but they are about 50% sodium)

Thanks.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would guess a few months ago!

My Grand children love them, and sometimes I eat a bowl with them!

I use just a little of the packet, "way to salty" you are right about the salt!

I don't use a lot of water, I like them drained, with a little butter!

I don't eat them like soup!

• 8 years ago

Hi Abbs,

If I was totally on my own I might be on a Ramen noodle meal and tap water budget.

I have tried them, and they seem to sell well, and I'm sure doctors and pharmaceutical companies love that, given what's in them. "We have a Ramen noodle code blue in ER." I wonder if they have a half life as long as Plutonium? Heck, while were at it, why not throw a packet of twinkies into the meal. I think if we ate enough of both we could live to be 150,,,or maybe not, but we might glow in the dark? Maybe that's where the packets belong, on a football field or a road to become pollutants?

"Flavor packet" is such a great advertising ploy, much like "secret sauce", or "secret recipie" they are meant to induce the consumer. AND who ever thought a Dog could talk and advertise Bush's baked beans? I'm glad he don't live close to me.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

As a confirmed vegan, I could spend more than that in the produce section of the market in just a couple of shopping experiences, but I understand the constraints on some budgets. I can't even imagine lasting a year with that as my diet, but hope for those who are in that confine, they will live a year.

Oh perhaps they supplement it with the take out, heart attacks in a sack? Oh yes I crave that which runs down my chin, biting into a Pink slime, mystery burger, and dripping french fries. I'll have to research that. Did the French actually invent those as some tactic?

• Kermit
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Last night. I'm on a Ramen Noodle Every Night budget.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

the more time I spend on line getting educated in food and eating.... the more I do not want to eat any of it,

I have not had ramen in a long time , my nephew lived on it when he came to me so I continued to feed it to him but not daily, it is cheap and he is a big boy, I was not rich so we stretched, it is much better if you season it your self and yes with eggs scrambled in it...

maybe since my budget is in the toilet

i should go buy some cruddy noodles and eat them

thanks for reminding me that they are out there... oh nummy num.... NOT

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I don't like Ramen Noodles...

Source(s): ww
  • 8 years ago

I haven't had them in years! I do like them, though :) Instead of using the packet, I would use about a quarter of it, and/or add in my own seasonings like black pepper, red cayenne pepper, basil/thyme, garlic powder, and a dash of salt.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

last week, I usually drop an egg in there and make egg drop soup, it's pretty good. and yes I do those things taste awesome I don't care how much sodium is in them.

• 8 years ago

FACT...I see a fellow Bob & Tom listener is among us...I've quoted this at least 4 times today!

Source(s): 104.7 wtue
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

a couple of years ago,

quick, easy meal when camping

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.