Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 8 years ago

Can homeopathy effective in increasing height?

M 23 yr old and 5'9" tall.i want to increase my height 2" more.is it possible by homeopathy in two month

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ~qx~
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

No. Homeopathy does not work that way.

At age 23 your growth plate has already closed your bones. This is controlled by heredity, hormones, and time.

There is really nothing but heredity and nutrition that determine your ultimate height. In the 1950s doctors gave girls DES to prevent growth, and no one knew if it worked or not, but it did cause fertility problems in the women whose height they were trying to limit; only their fertility was limited, not their height. Other doctors cut pieces of the femur bone to make tall girls shorter and this caused problems in later life with posture and balance.

I had a weight trainer who told the class we could stretch as much as an inch into our height by just hanging by your own weight every morning from a chinning bar. You are taller in the morning because gravity pulls you down as the day goes on. I do not know if this works, but I know it probably will not hurt you if you try it.

You do not want to mess with Mother Nature in this regard. Embrace your height and be glad you are healthy.

Source(s): Normal At Any Cost, by Cohen & Cosgrove.
  • 8 years ago

Homeopathy is quackery. It does absolutely nothing. I suggest you read :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

Basically, it is an silly and fake methodology that works like this. First take some chemical or whatever, that will cause the symptoms the patient has. (No, that isn't a typo, "cause" the symptoms not cure the symptoms.) Then put a tiny amount of it in water. Now dilute it by adding more and more water until there is no trace of it left. Then, dispense the water you have left that has nothing in it.

How is that supposed to work? The "energy" of the chemical is supposed to "influence" the water molecules...somehow... to cause your body to heal itself.

If you need any more homeopathic medicine for any ailment or condition there is, just let me know. I will gladly sell you all the distilled water or plain starch powder in a pill form you want. No need to warn you about dosage. You can't overdose on nothing.

• Gary K
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Homeopaths make numerous claims about homeopathy, unfortunately it is nothing but plain water and sugar pills with zero active ingredients. Its alleged way of working is absurd and preposterous nonsense, and those who promote it are either deluded or frauds.

It has been under some critical evaluation lately - the Australian Govt National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) recently stated that ”it is unethical for health practitioners to treat patients using homeopathy, for the reason that – as a medicine or procedure – has not been shown to be efficacious."

"There is sufficient scientific evidence to conclude that homeopathy is no more efficacious than placebo. Homeopathy, while not harmful in its own right, may pose a risk to patients if safe and efficacious conventional treatments are rejected or delayed in favour of homeopathic treatments.”

They also said the homeopathic claims that its substances can treat symptoms were “theoretically weak”. It said claims that “ultra dilutions” can maintain an “imprint of substances” — again a key principle of homeopathy - was “scientifically implausible”."

http://www.australiandoctor.com.au/news/nhmrc-decl...

In 2010, the UK science and Technology Committee reported after an exhaustive investigation that homeopathy is scientifically implausible, it doesn’t work and the UK National Health service should stop funding it at all levels including any further clinical trials.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/commi...

If you want to find out the truth about homeopathy, start here: http://www.1023.org.uk/what-is-homeopathy.php

No, it won't be effective in increasing your height. Only in lightening your wallet.

• 8 years ago

No.

The only way to increase your height is via a painful, expensive and lengthy procedure wherein the leg bones are severed below the knee and strategically re-fused over a period of several months to more than a year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Homeopathy works on the principle of the placebo effect, which is how when you expect to feel something from taking a pill, you will often feel it.

Unfortunately this only applies to feelings, major physical changes are impossible.

• 4 years ago

Grow Taller For Idiots Program : http://GrowTallerSteps.com

• Tink
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Homeopathy is only good for making iced tea...sugar and water

Your bones have already fused - simply not gonna happen.

• 8 years ago

Your bones would have to suddenly start growing again.

Its not gonna happen, no matter what.

If there were a simple solution, there would be no dwarfs.

• 8 years ago

Have a shoe repair shop put 2" soles on your shoe's.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

NO!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.