Chances of getting into Michigan State University?

Hello, I'm currently a junior in high school and have been wanting to apply to MSU for as long as I can remember. I currently have a GPA of 3.7, however I do not take advance placement (AP) classes. I was told by family to take it slow and learn it well. I just finished taking the ACT and I am personally not very good at taking standardized tests. I have not received my scores yet but I am assuming I got between 20-21. Retaking the ACT would be no problem if a 20 will be an issue. What score should I aim for and what would my chances of being accepted with a 3.7 GPA and ACT score of 20? Thank you

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure if Kristi is confusing Michigan State University with another university because a 4.0 is by no means required and MSU doesn't even ask for teacher recommendations. A 3.7 is above the average for enrolled students at MSU (3.6 in 2011), but your expected ACT is below average (25 in 2011). I recommend you retake the test if you don't get at least a 23. I also recommend taking an AP class senior year, not only is it expected for an MSU student but it will help prepare you for the rigors of college. If you already signed up for classes, you should consider talking to your counselor to arrange something, but taking an AP class will certainly strengthen your chances.

Its hard to get into Michigan State without at least a 4.0. Work on getting your GPA up and take AP classes your senior year. Do AS MUCH community service as you can. I would recommend taking the SATS also. You need a damn good essay and your teachers reccomendations need to be excellent.

Keep working hard!!! You can do it!

Source(s): Siblings go to Michigan state.

Not Difficult if your trying to Succeed. Michigan State University is a great school and will accept anyone who's willing to work hard to achieve their goals.