Agter immunization does the body always capture/eliminate viruses before they inject dna into cells?

I just want to make sure that i understand correct...

After immunization, antigens are recognized by the body and when viruses are detected in the futue, the body attacks and disposes of them. If imunderstand correctly, this must happen before the virus manages to inject its dna/rna into a cell, correct?

After the cell is infected, there is no stopping the virus until after it has blown the cell open, right?

After immunization, are all virus cells able to be disposed of before they inject? If there were too many virus cells then they would still be able to infect the host since they would overwhelm the immune system, right?

I am also trying to understand why immunization does not work post-infection, if viruses always eventually blow up the host cell. Ater that host cell is blown open, the immune system should be able to deal with thise viruses it recognizes i would thnk.

Clearly i know little about this topic- just started reading a half hour ago and have some basic questins, thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The first para what u understood is right :)

However few things to note is tt :

1. Immunization has a few types, there the live virus, dead virus and the antigens.

Live virus is what gives u immunity for life as ur body is exposed to the virus in its infective state.

Dead virus is not as effective as the virus is not infective and sometimes the body does not respond fully.

Antigen immunization is only while the antigens are still alive. Once the antigens die off ur body will be infected if exposed to the virus.

2. Yes all virus are disposed off before they infect any cells after immunization. However if the body is immunized against the virus (only for some types of virus) the body learns to recognize infected cells, so still possible for the body to fight against the virus.

3. As to why immunization does not work post-infection, firstly if the person already has virus in him, y u wanna add some more virus in the form of immunization?? Secondly, once the virus is in the host cell, it starts to mutate as it takes up some of the host DNA.

This is the no 1 reason why viral vaccines are rarely effective as the virus that u are immunized against might not be the one that continues to affect u. Think of it as humans in war. Say u are red n the enemies that enter are blue n the weapons u have are able to kill blue. If they are able to infiltrate u n take up some of ur color they turn purple, Now the weapons u have are useless as they are specific for blue n not purple.

So hope that helps :)

Source(s): Me :D
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

I don't think the person cell/chromosomes will change,unless the cell contain some sort of mechanism that can modify the structure of DNA in the host chromosomes.An example for this is AIDS,despite it is not a cell,but a virus which are non-living things. So the possibility of DNA substitution occurs from a DNA of a living cell is extremely low. The cell will probably be attacked by the host antibody if the body recognize them as an antigen,and killing it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.