IS IT POSSIBLE FOR TATTOS TO GET PASSED ON GENETICALLY FROM PARENT TO CHILD?

I was wondering if it was possible that if i were to get a tattoo for example and I had a baby with someone who has tattoos too the child could be born with those tattoos or develop them later

someone told me it was true... is it ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do you mean, if your parents had tats, will you have tats, and your children will have tats too, when they grow up?

If it runs in your family with tattoos, then YES.

Tattoos you have now, the baby will not get them, then THE answer is no. That's not part of his/her genes, like hair, nose, etc.

• 8 years ago

Um... NO. Only genetic parts of a person are passed along to babies, like the way a nose looks, and that is something that person is born with. Tattoos are not genetic, people are not born with tattoos. Now, there's a chance that the baby will get tattoos on her own later on, because her parents did, and she grew up with tattoos and thought they were cool...

Source(s): science textbook
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

NO of course not - tattoos are not genetic material, genetics is how stuff is passed on from family to child. Think you need to have a serious talking to to the person who told you this - hopefully they were pulling your leg!

• 8 years ago

No. it's like saying if you had a big scar from a cut you got when you where younger if you could pass that on, or if someone could pass on a noise job, boob job, or tummy tuck. The answer is No. you only pass on the genetic traits from the parents and what's in their ancestry, not physical alterations you have done to your body..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Absolutely Not. Whatever changes you make to yourself does not affect your kids...For example if you lose a limp, cut yourself, get a tattoo. Thats you not your kids

• Only if it's a troll tattoo.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

yes so if you do get a tattoo make sure it is something your child won't mind

• 8 years ago

Bwahahahaha ! NO ! Clearly that person lied to you hon! LMAO !

• 8 years ago

yep! no doubt abt it.

• 8 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.