What is the best way to stop a rubber wheel on a swinging gate from wearing out so fast?

It is quite a heavy steel gate and the rubber wheel is not only wearing out very fast on the concrete but it is wearing a groove in the concrete. I was thinking about some sort of smooth metal plate that the wheel could roll on and not wear out so fast. Or maybe I could cut a trench in the concrete and fill it up... show more It is quite a heavy steel gate and the rubber wheel is not only wearing out very fast on the concrete but it is wearing a groove in the concrete. I was thinking about some sort of smooth metal plate that the wheel could roll on and not wear out so fast. Or maybe I could cut a trench in the concrete and fill it up level with fibreglass resin, which would dry smooth and stop the wheel wearing out. Has anyone solved this problem and how did you do it? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.