Why Do Some Lip Balms Seem To Dry My Lips?

I didn't know how else to phrase my question, let me clarify before I get the ignorant answers.. :D I am not talking about "cheap" lip balms. However, they are indeed drugstore brand. But I am not talking about the cheaper brands like ChapStick and Blistex that use petrolatum as one of their... show more I didn't know how else to phrase my question, let me clarify before I get the ignorant answers.. :D

I am not talking about "cheap" lip balms. However, they are indeed drugstore brand. But I am not talking about the cheaper brands like ChapStick and Blistex that use petrolatum as one of their ingredient. I am talking about good quality lip balms that use more expensive moisturizing, nourishing, conditioning and hydrating ingredients, which are also natural and organic.

EXAMPLE:

EOS is by far at top of my favorite lip balm list. Not just because it is 95% organic, and 100% natural, but because I feel it works wonderful for me. Before buying EOS, I was VERY skeptical because I had previously used EVERY single line of lip balm by Burt's Bees. Regardless that BB is 100% natural with a list full of natural and good ingredients that are known to hydrate and soften your lips, I felt that BB lip balms did absolutely NOTHING. Seriously, I would apply it, and within 10 minutes, I felt it wearing off and drying my lips. Their only one that I feel does a descent job is their original beeswax formula.
NOTE: just a side note that Burt's Bees IS NOT certified organic, only natural.

I also have a few of the Yes To Carrots Lip Butter, which I had high expectations for, why? Yes To Carrots Lip Butters are 95% organic, and 100% natural just like EOS. On top of that, their ingredients are very similar. HOWEVER, the Yes To Carrots Lip Balms, I feel that after 10 minutes (just like BB) starts to wear off quickly and slightly dry my lips. After using Yes To Carrots, I realized it wasn't the lack of organic ingredients (Burt's Bees) that let me down, but then what was it?

EOS - 95% organic, 100% natural - works wonders on me
YTC - 95% organic, 100% natural - does nothing for me

This makes me think that the companies are being shady, and maybe not providing the best quality ingredients. I could be wrong, but I can't think of why these 2 products that are so identical, work so differently. I know everyone is different and reacts differently. It is just frustrating when an awesome product with wonderful ingredients, natural and organic fails to work for you.

Anyone have explanations? or stories and experiences to share?

Please, no recommendations. I am a lip balm addict, with a strong interest in cosmetology. There isn't much more you can tell me that I don't already know when it comes to lip care, and types of lip balms. This is prob one of the only things I never understood.