Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Does anyone else think that "Hunger games" is stupid?

I am a big harry potter fan. I do not like hunger games. It had a stupid plot. Does anyone else agree?

No rude answers.

People say rude things about twilight and no one objects. On my last question people were being rude. I hated it because no one is rude when someone says they hate twilight.

I said why I hated it in my last question and people were rude, Anyways I think it is stupid because It is about kids fighting in a game, stupid teenage romance and suicide. People say there is deep meaning too it but I have to disagree. They should read pride and prejudice, romeo and juliet, julius Caesar. Those are stories that have deep meaning.

Lord of the flies had deep meaning.

She told everyone she loved Peeta to get attention and they don't make a huge deal out of it. When Gale "kills" Prim(not even on purpose) they make a big deal out of it. Gale did not do anything wrong he did not want to kill her sister. I think she was worse. I think they should have made a bigger deal out of what she did.

I hate twilight but I think even twilight is better than hunger games.

Only decent character in hunger games is gale.

If someone is rude to me I am going to be rude back.I am not going to take it,

Best Answer

Yes

You should've been around this site about 3 years ago when Twilight was in its height. Both sides were incredibly rude. It's disheartening to see the same thing happening now with the next hyped up book series.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Of all the young adult books I've read, it's by far my favorite. However, I don't feel any need to question the intelligence and wisdom of those people who prefer to read Vampire Diaries or Maximum Ride or Pretty Little Liars.

Why do you need to have someone agree with your opinion of a book? Have faith in your own judgement and opinion and move on. Life is way too short.

And by the way, I read your last Hunger Games related questions. Some were rude, others simply disagreed with your opinions. You were rude right back at them. That's not the way to show maturity.

well i don't really mind that people don't like the hunger games, i mean, it's their opinion. i love it because of the actual books, not just because its a movie now...like, i read it WAY before it got all big and stuff. this is just me, people see things differently (hey that rhymed), but i think it has meaning...the one thing i don't get is that why are you asking this question? i mean, it's fine that you don't like the hunger games but why do you care so much if other people think it's "stupid"? and you can't really stop people from "strongly expressing their point of view" when something they love is called stupid...the reason twilight isn't being bashed because it already got "over-bashed" a while ago and why are people even comparing the hunger games to twilight? its ridiculous! so really, my point is that you shouldn't worry whether other people express the same point of view as you. and if you hate the fact that its the whole talk right now, well...i guess that might be how harry potter haters (not me, iLOVEhp) felt about the movies too..

hope you didn't get offended by this, wasn't intentional

Source(s): me

I only read like half of the first book and it's dragging for me. This is my 3rd time attempting to read it and I just can't get into it. I promised my friend I'd see the movie with her so I'm forcing myself to finish at least the first book. I'm a HUGE HP fan but I don't get why people need to compare every series to HP though. The plots are nothing alike and it's just annoying. The only thing Twilight had in common with HP is Robert Pattinson acted in both film adaptations.

Sorry, to re-answer your question, and I didn't mean to come off as rude if your referring to me. But The Hunger Games does have deep meaning to it. As do the books you mentioned. Its just hidden in The Hunger Games. What do you find stupid other than the plot is just about "fighting and stupid teen romance and suicide" which it isnt

• I think Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games is stupid. Don't know what's so good about these books.

i love harry potter. way more than hunger games. i read the hunger games a while ago, and i liked them. now its just getting hype because of the movie, which people don't like

No. I disagree. The hunger games is a great book and the plot was different and very entertaining. It demonstrates the effects on people from war and it has a strong appealing message. Its nothing like twilight or, wizards. The only thing that was similar to twilight was a love triangle but, then again its a hint of romance that everyone enjoys reading. I enjoyed harry potter and there's no denying that the movies were great but, to be honest I felt like sometimes there were alot of irrelevant things.. blah.

Why do you think the plot is stupid? I don't agree with you because you haven't said why you dislike about The Hunger Games' plot. And the plot is fine, it's full of action and some romance.

• JJ

Everyone has different opinions im not bashing on anyone who does like the Hunger Games but I find it unbearable, it's so boring to me.