Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Does anyone else think that "Hunger games" is stupid?

I am a big harry potter fan. I do not like hunger games. It had a stupid plot. Does anyone else agree?

It is about kids fighting in a game, stupid teenage romance and suicide.

It is just like twilight except with a pointless game.

BTW I hate twilight too.

You can't PUT the harry potter books down but you can't WAIT to put the hunger games books down.

I just wanted to know if other people hated it. I am not insulting the people who like it.

I am not saying that I do not understand people's opinions I just want to know if people hate it as much as I do. If you are getting this emotional over a book then you are the one who is childish. I am 18 I have read books I like and I did not like. I have read Fahrenheit 451 and that it way better than hunger games. I have read a lot of classics

Kelley, how old are you 12? Only a 12 year old would get this emotional over a book.

People are choosing hunger games over Romeo and Juliet or Julius Caesar.

I am not trashing it.. If u were smart you would realize "It is about kids fighting in a game, stupid teenage romance and suicide" is a premise and "hunger games is stupid" is a conclusion. I would need to explain why I think hunger games is stupid in order for you to see that I have a reason for disliking it.

EndoftheDream I am making potter fans look bad by trashing hunger games? You are trashing twilight so you are making potter fans look bad too. Hunger games and twilights are books I don't see how my argument is making potter fans look bad. Yahoo answers=obsessed with hunger games Quizazz=obsessed with twilight There is nothing for Harry Potter fans.

BTW I am not a twilight fan. You are worse. At least I did not call a book anti-women and pro-suicide etc. There are both books so you are doing the same thing you hypocrite.

They should read pride and prejudice, romeo and juliet, julius Caesar. Those are stories that have deep meaning.

Lord of the flies had deep meaning.

Have you guys read the scarlet letter? That also has deep meaning. If you look at it like that almost every disney movie has deep meaning

Aladdin=be yourself

Beauty and the beast=beauty lies within

Lion king=don't run away from your problems

Aladdin=be yourself

Beauty and the beast=beauty lies within

Only decent character in hunger games is gale.

I am 18. Also how is that high emotion? If I was young would I have read all those classics and enjoyed them?

Kelley you have kids and you are getting this emotional over a book

Would you find it emotional if I said this about twilight

It was comparable to most other young adult fiction.

If you don't understand the appeal of romance books, you might want to try reading more of them. I recommend Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

, "Gone with the wind and Jane Eyre.

Once you've grown up a bit, you'll have read many, many books that you don't like. You aren't going to like all of them. Only a child can't understand why the opinions of other differ from their own.

Best Answer

AGREED. Not only that, it's a flimsy rip off of Battle Royale, which has been around for years.

Teen drama rarely interests me anyway.

• Maria

You should've been around this site about 3 years ago when Twilight was in its height. Both sides were incredibly rude. It's disheartening to see the same thing happening now with the next hyped up book series. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Of all the young adult books I've read, it's by far my favorite. However, I don't feel any need to question the intelligence and wisdom of those people who prefer to read Vampire Diaries or Maximum Ride or Pretty Little Liars. Why do you need to have someone agree with your opinion of a book? Have faith in your own judgement and opinion and move on. Life is way too short. And by the way, I read your last Hunger Games related questions. Some were rude, others simply disagreed with your opinions. You were rude right back at them. That's not the way to show maturity.

I disagree. Now, I'm not going to bash on you, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let me explain why I don't agree. The Hunger Games is not about kids fighting in an arena with a little romance thrown in there. There are very mature undertones to it, but not everyone reads deep enough to understand them. I do.

It's actually a very political book, with a lot of realistic things in it. We're not going to have flying cars and all these things in the future if the economy continues like this. The book is about rebelling, standing up for what you believe in. It's about a totalitarian government that keeps everything for themselves, and because they have power, control people. The fact that they use kids makes it a dystopian-universe. The book then plunges into the idea of survival, and fighting. It's actually very deep. In a behind the scenes movie, President Snow states his whole idea behind the games is that, "Hope is the only thing greater than fear, but too much hope is dangerous." Think about that.

As for the romance - it's actually important. Most of the romance in this book series is very important. (Besides , I've never read a book without romance, but it actually plays a role in this series.) In the beginning, it's so that Katniss can get sponsors. Then, its so that Katniss and Peeta can both survive, it tells a story. How they're pretending (or at least Katniss is) and because they are in this position of knowing they might have to kill each other eventually, they really do end up with real feelings. The book is very mature, it's not just some silly plot.

And that what I have to say.

• Kelley

I appreciate it, for the most part, because it turned attention from Twilight.

If you don't understand the appeal of dystopian fiction, you might want to try reading more of them. I recommend The Chrysalids by John Wyndham, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and 1984 by George Orwell.

EDIT: You've confused rational thought with high emotion. It's okay though. I've seen 3 of my 4 daughters through puberty, and it doesn't last long. You'll be able to think more clearly when your hormone levels balance out some, usually by about 16 or 17.

If you were to say that about Twilight, I wouldn't really care. It is your prerogative to like whatever book you choose, and my opinions on your reading materials are irrelevant.

I do understand the appeal of romance books. I have read the ones you've listed and enjoyed them and though I don't put those 4 in the same class with those trashy books with half naked people on the cover, I can understand how both types would be appealing to some people.

I hope I do continue to grow and learn every single day. There are many books that I don't like. However, I feel no need to come to some online forum to have strangers validate my opinions.

You and I have very different opinions on what 'emotional' means.

I find the plot absurd. Played out in the real world there would have been another revolt a lot sooner, You tell people to send their children to an arena to fight to the death. The books and President Snow overlooked one fact only a fool comes between a mother bear and her cub.

well the hunger games are good, but not great. The plot is not well planned and the writing is ok, but harry potter is the best series ever written!!!!! I know someone who read both and thinks hunger games are way better but i dont see how someone sould think that!!!! hgs are so overrated!!!!!!!! they have absolutely nothing on harry potter!!!!!!!! jk rowling spent well over a year just planning the amazing plotline and hg plot is stupid!!!!

Source(s): read them both

I disagree. I think the plot is pretty good, until the third book when the main character turns into a huge pile of whiny ****. Anyway, I DO think the plot is stolen from the novel "Battle Royale" which was released a long time before it.

But haters gonna hate.

"I just wanted to know if other people hated it. I am not insulting the people who like it."

Yet your attitude that there's no reason why anyone could like it certainly speaks otherwise.

"Only a 12 year old would get this emotional over a book."

Only a twelve-year-old would get this obsessed over elevating something they like while trashing something they dislike and everyone who likes it.

Please stop.... You are making us Potter fans look bad. *facepalm*

Was it really even necessary to say you are a huge Potter fan?

I've never read the books yet, but I will soon to see what the fuss is all about.

Personally, I'm just glad that the Hunger Games is getting all the attention now instead of that horrible, anti-women, pro-suicide, pro-stalkers, pro-pedophilia, pro-necrophilia, anti-human book series called Twishit-- I mean Twilight.

I won't say it's stupid. I'm simply not interested in reading it. Too fictional, I say. I like Harry Potter though.

For me it was compelling enough, but a lot of the suspense was killed by the kind of juvenile handling of dystopia (a knife sticks in her backpack, there just happens to be mutant hornets up the one tree she climbs, the hornets just happen to kill the one person with her weapon of choice, the bow, etc...)