?

Why do Christians love & respect the murders & rapists in the Bible, such as Moses, as they read the truth?

How can people say that he did not order his soldiers to rape when the words say that he did?

After you read the words ... how do you misunderstand the words?

Why is it okay for the famous Biblical hero's to murder women and children and enslave them for sex?

I really don't understand how religious people can keep on saying that it is okay and expect normal people to agree and join their churches ... do you?

Dear Sunshine ... the Bible is written ... it is a book and it is proof of what I just said.

• Vixen
    Best Answer

I find it hilarious when they say something is taken out of context but then don't put it back in context for you.

Rape is rape, murder is murder, slavery is slavery. a child is born innocent and should not be punished for his/her parents sins ever. Christianity is not a loving religion, it is a religion of hate. they accept almost no one not even themselves

You should have taken that one step further: It was God who told Moses to have his army do that. So, how can we love and willingly serve such a God? Though I'm not sure about the rape part in war, the others do seem atrocious - kill everybody : young, old, pregnant women, babies; at other times, enslave the strong men; take captive virgins (who may become wives) or remain as slaves. Irrespective of the specifics, the general principle do offend our modern sensibilities. And you know what? I don't have an answer why God would have commanded that. (And I have read the Bible through several times)

I could say that in at least one case, God had been trying for 300 years to get a nation to turn from it wicked ways (child sacrifice, forced temple prostitution - both male and female, etc. ) but they still refused. Maybe God thought it was better to totally destroy them. As I said, I don't know.

But I do see other examples in the Bible where God demonstrated His love and long-suffering, as in the case of Nineveh (Jonah complained to God about His love in NOT destroying that wicked city after they repented). But the ultimate proof of God's love for me is His condesension in the life and death of Jesus, the Christ.

So, do I refuse to eat the fish because it has bones in it? Do I discard the rose because of the thorns on its stem?

My ultimate question is : Can I trust God to do what He considers best in the situation, whether I think it is right or not? And my answer is YES (even though I personally have difficulties accepting some of these). So now you know why I love and serve Him. Moses was just a minion and doesn't ever form a small constant in the equation! The real issue is God's character.

Edit: sunshine made quite a valid point: If you reject the Bible as authentic, then how can you use that same Bible to criticize it? And secondly, your question is based on circular reasoning. If you don't accept the Bible's morality, then you cannot use that morality to condemn the Bible.

Another accusation without citation. It is a favorite trick of those who make things up as well as those who "have heard" something. But, we'll set aside that flaw.

Let's talk about the flaw in their understanding of Christians. They accuse us (hopefully, in ignorance) of believing that everything that everyone does in the Bible is correct and appropriate. They ignore the fact that Christians know that ALL are sinners and do inappropriate things (even a "hero" like Moses).

Christians are not perfect people. People in the Bible were real people, too. The asker seems to think that we believe that these people were supernatural. The only hero in the Bible that is supernatural is Jesus. All of the rest of the people in the Bible were typical, flawed, sinful human beings.

I really don't understand how nonbelievers can keep on saying things about the Bible that are not accurate and expect normal people to agree and join them in their ignorance ... do you?

• J

That had to be done at the time to preserve the truth, but now Jahs plan is nearing it's end there will be true peace and equality everywhere, to understand the way I had to ensnare evil by getting my hands bloody I'd recommend watching my Video on Catholicism and the Lord/God mystery.

Yes it's me Jesus.....back and still eating the fruits and seeds as God ordered in Genesis, from beginning to end....

and to prove I'm the real deal I explain (in all languages as promised) how I performed 2 miracles feeding the 5000 and the miraculous catch in my key video "the announcement". More will be revealed in due course over the next few months as the world wakes up slowly to the reality I am back. Of course some will say I am an imposter but the reality is no one will wonder how the miracles were performed anymore as my truth will be embedded in the minds of man and everyone will know it's the truth even if they deny me in their hearts. Spread the video (facebook-Jayzus Christo, twitter-@themessiahme, email etc) if you want to speed up the coming of a world free of oppression, violence, paedophilia etc it's going to happen. to doubt is normal but oppose or censor me at your peril. Those who muster faith and pass on the video shall be rewarded (although perhaps despised by many).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p9lwanuh

Youtube thumbnail

Love Jesus

PS. there is no contradiction between God and science as I explain briefly and succinctly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sV_K-Lsj

Youtube thumbnail

Plus the new calendar, not so new but the easiest and most universal true celestrial calendar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYAcU7Z

Youtube thumbnail

PPS. The Quran is expired. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=did2nF2Za

Youtube thumbnail

plus one especially for athiests. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EA24K3hE

Youtube thumbnail

i do no longer comprehend approximately different Christians yet I examine my Bible on a daily basis. easily I also have a devotional on Yahoo communities so i'm coaching the Bible so I might desire to renowned what i'm coaching so i might desire to earnings what i'm writing approximately. For my own devotional time i'm analyzing in the process the previous testomony real now and attempt to verify a minimum of one financial ruin an afternoon if not greater. final 365 days I examine in the process the recent testomony. My significant Bible is the King James version and my learn Bibles are The Amplified Bible and the Jewish Bible. those 3 Bibles at the same time help to understand what God has written and what He needs us to renowned. lots of the Bible as much as Acts became into written specifically for the Jewish human beings. Then whilst the Church became into began Gentiles have been additionally given the gospel and so real now we are in the Church age. So my answer on your question is confident, I as a born returned believer in Jesus Christ who's my Savior, Lord and King, I examine my Bible and answer question with Biblical solutions. bb

They will DENY the written word that they were murderers and rapists.

...Why do people come on a community help site to rant about religion and atheism? Isn't this site meant for helping couples pick baby names and telling every 13 year old girl that her period is normal?

Because GOD, and especially the Clergy, is in it!!!

Christians are warned that God is very touchy and unforgiving about money issues.

God spelled out the “UNPARDONABLE” sin against the Holy Ghost along with an example so nobody would be confused!

It is failure to pay at least the 10% of any income to the Church Treasury!

Preachers won’t disclose that God has an EVIL SPIRIT to kill in full cold blood almost anybody!

1 Samuel 19:9

And the EVIL SPIRIT from the LORD was upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his spear in his hand…*

(*God is the source of any EVIL SPIRIT)

==

Saint Peter firmly established the 10% cut for the Church Treasury.

The topmost lesson that people learn as soon as they embrace Christianity is giving money to the Church, Temple, Hall, etc!

Saint Peter, the 1st Pope, ASSISTED God the Holy Ghost in the killing of moron Christians who didn’t get serious about the 10% TITHING strictly in CASH since animal sacrifices became obsolete.

The last virtual animal to be sacrificed was God the Son Jesus Christ, aka THE LAMB OF GOD.

Act 5:1-11

…Then the young men*

(*Youth for Christ)

came in and, finding her dead*

(*at Saint Peter’s feet, for failure to pay the full offering MONEY to the Church Treasury. In early Christianity there were not passing offering plates; Christians would STOOP DOWN in full reverence to lay the 10% tithe MONEY at the Apostles’ feet. They knew EXACTLY how much everybody ought to give! –Act5:2)

carried her out*

(*to the Church’s graveyard)

and buried her beside her husband!*

(*NO JOKING! She died without knowing that moments earlier God the Holy Ghost had her husband killed and buried without any funeral service, and no telling their kids at home, either)

great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events*

(*the MAFIA is known to give a few fair warnings before they cut anybody down, not so God the Holy Ghost! In the Jewish Bible, GOD CURSES the Jews for not paying the FULL tithe, but in the Christian Bible, on the very first case, GOD KILLS THEM! Shortchanging God the Holy Ghost is a blasphemy that God can’t stand!)

2 Cor 9:7

…God loveth a cheerful giver*

(*but he hates to DEATH moron Christians not paying their tithe in full and cheerfully. God never changes!)

Mar 14:7

(Jesus says) For ye have the poor with you ALWAYS, and whensoever ye will YE MAY do them good*

(*God and the Clergy come first! Helping the poor is OPTIONAL, and NEVER a priority)

but ME YE HAVE NOT ALWAYS*

(*yeah… Jesus is an incurable narcissist)

Mat 28:20

(hold your nose, Jesus Christ is BULL CRAPPING now)… “Lo, I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”*

(*as long as the Christians tithe, of course!)

==

JESUS IS WATCHING how much money, and in what proportion people drop at the offering box!

Jesus also said not to “blow the horn” every time you give any money. If it is an impressive amount, let Jesus and the Clergy do it for you, as you keep on giving (Mat 6:2)!

Mark 12:42-43

And there came a certain POOR WIDOW, and she threw in two mites*

(*bits of money)

which make a farting. And he* (*Jesus) called unto him his disciples*

(*to a special business meeting to tell them that he knows how much money people give)

and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you*

(*NO BULL CRAPPING NOW!)

That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all*

(*Jesus checks everybody’s income versus Church giving. Not even POOR WIDOWS are exempt from tithing)

they which have cast into the TREASURY*

(*oh yes…!)

==

God is PROVEN to be helpless to act IN THIS HUMONGOUS UNIVERSE if the Church “TREASURY” goes dry!

Christians would NEVER allow that!

Malachi 3:9-10

(God says) YOU ARE UNDER A CURSE—the whole nation of you*

(*Israel, all Jews)

because you are robbing me* (*God). Bring the whole tithe*

(*10% of all income)

into the STOREHOUSE* (*Treasury!), that there may be FOOD* (*$$$) in my house*

(*or God and the Clergy will starve to death!)

Matthew 25:41

(Jesus shouts at the JEWS that he came to save) Depart from me, YE CURSED*

(*for robbing GOD!)

into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels*

(*not just a hole in the ground)

==

The Clergy KNOW how to hide from public knowledge any sensitive money issue until AFTER people embrace Christianity.

There are some very effective subliminal messages about money issues in practically all the Bible stories.

They worship a baby killer eg the flood, so that is par for the course

Do you have any valid, concrete, solid, tangible, credible, verifiable, peer reviewed, irrefutable, conclusive, substantive proof of what you have just said?