Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 8 years ago

How to render in h.264?

Ok so I heard that h.264 is the best render settings for Youtube. I have Sony Vegas Pro 11 and don't see a h.264 option. Someone told me you need the x.264 encoder. So I googled that and saw that the x.264 had a very popular website called VideoLan and then downloaded the x.264 encoder. However it is a folder with a bunch of stuff in it and I have no clue how to install this. So could someone tell me the exact steps on how to get Sony Vegas Pro 11 to render in h.264 format?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to render in h.264?

Ok so I heard that h.264 is the best render settings for Youtube. I have Sony Vegas Pro 11 and don't see a h.264 option. Someone told me you need the x.264 encoder. So I googled that and saw that the x.264 had a very popular website called VideoLan and then downloaded the x.264 encoder. However...

Source(s): render 264: https://biturl.im/vZ1Cp
  • Erika

Sony Vegas H.264

Sony Vegas already contains two H.264 renderers: Sony AVC and Mainconcept AVC.

• John H

H.264, MPEG-4 part 10, and AVC are all the same codec. Since your software already supports exporting using the AVC codec, you already can render to H.264.

Mp4 would be better. Using the Xvid codec even more so. thats the best one for uploading to you tube. h264 I think is used on mobile devices. Sony Vegas that should have all the codecs definetly MP4 if it is going to be in HD format.