Can I phone a grocery store/supermarket and ask if they carry a food item?

I need to buy marshmallow creme, and I don't know if my grocery store carries it. Would it be weird if I phone the store and ask if they have it? Or will the employee not have that information?

Please and thank you!

• Sue F
    Best Answer

Not weird at all. Someone at the grocery store will be glad to answer the question for you. Most grocery stores carry marshmallow creme, so you should not have a problem finding it.

It is most commonly called Marshmallow Fluff.

Have a great day.

It's only stupid if you phone up a grocery store and ask them if they stock bread or eggs or milk or some other stuff that they would obviously stock.

There's nothing wrong with asking if they stock a particular item like you mentioned. It's smart because it saves you a trip in case they don't have it or are out of stock.

Of course you can.

Everybody has marshmallow creme though.

Yeah, they'll either have a way to look it up on a computer or they'll have somebody go check and make sure. They most likely have it though, I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

tthe grocery store should supply it.. I work at one and yes you can call just to make sure :)

• Why yes, you certainly could. It's not at all weird; they field calls like that all the time.

Yes, you can do this with no problem whatsoever.