Alright atheists, it's business time - Where did this "something" come from?

If you're an atheist, I presume that you agree with evolution, which states that a really really long time ago there was nothing, and that nothing caused nothing to happen until something happened, in all of that nothing, and suddenly, there was something and that something automatically changed itself, and became smarter, and over millions of years, it turned into what we now call.....People.

So my question is; Where did that "something" come from, if there was nothing?

I realize that as a christian, I believe that a man in a different dimension created us, and we have no way of proving him, which is a pretty far fetched story in itself (not that I don't believe it). So don't remind me of that, please.

I'm not trying to be rude/disrespectul, either.. just some friendly trolling, because I want to see where you think the something came from.

Go!

Best Answer

As an atheist, i am the first to say i don't have the foggest. Why do we humans need to make sense of everything. We are not smart enough yet to know. But i doubt it has anything to do with a Magic Man from another dimension

• No, that isn't what "evolution states" and neither do any atheists I know of.

We don't believe "nothing caused nothing to happen until something happened, in all of that nothing, and suddenly, there was something and that something automatically changed itself, and became smarter, and over millions of years, it turned into what we now call.....People."

All we can really know is that no one quite sure, yet, of how this universe came to be as it is. We're getting closer every day to being pretty certain of it though. Which really has nothing to do with the beginning of life, also called abiogenesis, which in turn is a completely different field of study from actual evolution of that first primitive single celled life.

I could tell you how life probably ended up getting started on our Earth and how the process of evolution works, but, I'm not a biological scientist, nor am I very good at explaining it in under 1000 words or so. The best thing I can tell you is to ask in the science/biology section, but reword it so it doesn't sound like a jab at atheists/scientists. You'll get better, easier to understand answers.

Or, just keep believing what you think "atheists believe" and stay ignorant of the wonders of the natural world.

In the mean time, since I don't **drink** I'll have a **toke** instead.

PS. This isn't trolling, this is simply being misinformed and inflicting it on the rest of us. Trolling is much more artful, subtle and well thought out.

You are confused, The word atheist just means someone who doesn't accept the claims of Christians or other theist groups that any God exists. Why direct your question towards atheists? Atheist accept the explanations offered by science because we do not believe in your creation stories, just like we don't believe in your God. If you want to know about science ask those questions in the science & mathematics category.

Your question is not about evolution. Evolution is just the change in genetic composition of a population over successive generations, caused by natural selection, inbreeding, hybridization, or mutation. It has nothing to do with how life came from nonliving matter, that is called abiogenesis not evolution. If you want to talk about the origin of life, that is fine, but that science has nothing to do with the fact that I as an atheist disbelieve in your God.

If you want to talk about the existence of matter itself in the universe that is another different question. Once again, it has nothing to do with why an atheist disbelieves in your God, either.

If you want to discuss why the universe exists - that could be an interesting topic but it is not something that can really be explained without maths and good understanding of physics, so unless you post this question in science you are wasting your time.

Atheists are just people who don't believe in any God. It doesn't mean we know or care about your mythology, or your beliefs. If you say some God created the universe - show me the evidence that supports your point of view.

If you can't then it's all just your opinion, and there is no point debating something that devolves down to bickering and one person saying "Yes it is!" vs. another saying "No, it isn't!".

If you are really Christian as you claim then how do you reconcile trolling with 2 Corinthians 12:20?

You seem very confused.

Evolution has nothing to do with the creation of the universe. Evolution deals with how species have "evolved" from each other to create the diversity we see today. The theory of evolution is the only scientific theory that has stood the test of time and explains how we have come to be using evidence and reason.

You are essentially just abusing the "god of the gaps" again. Yes, the creation of the universe is one mystery science and logic have not been able to completely and thoroughly solve. However, this does not in any way prove the involvement of god in the creation of the universe, in fact, if you step back for a moment, you will realize you have the same amount of definitive, rock solid evidence that we do regarding the creation of the universe.... None.

• Who

dont know why you asked the question cos you answered it yourself

the something came from the nothing

And before you get into the "nothing can come from nothing" business - Its wrong - something CAN come from nothing.

It may well go against YOUR common sense, but its fact. There are loads of other things that happen in this universe that go against "common sense" but they happen none the less, and they can be proved to happen.

So can the "something from nothing" - Its happening right now all around you , and it can be PROVED to be happening. Trouble is - the something goes back to nothing before you are aware the something existed in the first place.

"common sense" it the very LAST thing you should rely on in deciding what can happen and what cant,

Oh - and as others have said -evolution has nothing to do with the beginning of the universe.

So I would say its time to brush up on your lack of education

Alright theists, it's business time - Where did this "god" come from?

If you're a theist, I presume that you agree with cretinism, which states that about 6000 years ago there was nothing, and that nothing caused nothing to happen until something happened, in all of that nothing, and suddenly, there was something... I think there was a god involved there somewhere ;)

So my question is; Where did that "god" come from, if there was nothing?

"a man in a different dimension created us"

LuLz

That's damed convenient - it's such a shame there is NO evidence for your little guy.

If the universe requires a cause, why doesn't God?

If God doesn't require a cause, why does the universe?

Gods are absolutely the most absurd thing ignorant primitives ever came up with to explain anything... seriously ;)

God is completely illogical... purely because of the 'who made god?' issue.

To suggest 'he' was always there is as silly as insisting 'he' exists at all.

Do yourself a favour and watch this video from an actual physicist...

A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo

Youtube thumbnail

He explains quite simply how no god was needed.

You may not watch it because you may be too scared to even consider...

God is imaginary ;)

~

*deep breath*...

Ok, here goes.

First off, your argument is based on the false premise that all atheists agree on anything other than there not being a god. Wrong.

Secondly, as you sort of pointed out yourself, just because I don't have a good answer does not make the opposition's answer correct by default. Maybe we both have wrong answers.

Thirdly, the way you represent evolution and big bang theory is just way oversimplified. No one is actually saying that is how it went down.

Lastly, since the scientific method is the best tool we have to understand why things are the way they are, I will accept what the predominant scientific theory currently is, until what time new evidence demands an new and improved theory. I will acknowledge that the current theory may be incomplete, but it still trumps a made-up fairy tale.

• Joel

I don't think I've ever heard a Christian say that he believes a man from a different dimension than ours is responsible for our being here... If that were true, it would raise some very interesting questions, like what exists on a higher dimension than God? Because if God CAN exist, there must be a dimension through which God experiences his own existence. Since we are created in Gods image, that dimension must at least be perceptible in the third dimension, or else our image wouldn't look at all like God... Imagine a 7th dimensional being! So God must exist somewhere in the third dimension AND a higher dimension...

First can you tell me where this nothing that something was supposed to come from is, because for all their efforts not one scientists has ever discovered this "nothingness". It doesn't exist in this universe. In fact in the 1920s the fathers of quantum physics decided that "nothing" seemed to be an improbable state. This obsession that creationists have with this imaginary nothingness seems to be a simplistic and shallow cause and effect chauvinism.

The real question should be: where is the nothing that something is supposed to have come from?

genuinely, i'm comparable to you. Agnostic, yet my kin's so religious and my community is largely white and Christian(turning out to be up, quite often all human beings replaced into Catholic or Lutheran). For me to basically outright say "i do no longer have confidence in God" or perhaps say "i do no longer understand if God exists or no longer" is tantamount to heresy around right here. basically ones who understand are my mom and husband and basically because of the fact they're from distinctive states and grew up far flung from this area in extra accepting places. the the remainder of my kin could be a) devastated b) horrified c) possibly disown me. even while i replaced into nonetheless religious, the minute I asked an harmless question while i replaced right into a new child, I have been given scolded or advised I shouldn't question God or the Bible for any reason. My thought replaced into how might desire to they assume me to have confidence in the event that they refused to respond to my questions. So yeah, in spite of if i replaced into nonetheless religious, it wasn't "good sufficient" without blind thought, so for me to outright say that i did no longer have confidence might probable injury my lifestyles, too. Small community like this, there is not any way i choose to be primary because of the fact the "interior of reach atheist".