Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Forcing a Church to to something it's fundamentally against? Where's the ACLU?

This is a true violation of church and state.. ANS IT'S OBVIOUS!!?? Why do liberals refuse to act on this but in turn they get their panties in a wad over a cross on a old war memorial?

Favorite Answer

They must realize that we have freedom FROM religion:

" The conclusion that there is a conflict between the Amish faith and the obligations imposed by the social security system is only the beginning, however, and not the end of the inquiry. Not all burdens on religion are unconstitutional. See, e. g., Prince v. Massachusetts, 321 U.S. 158 (1944); Reynolds v. United States, 98 U.S. 145 (1879). The state may justify a limitation on religious liberty by showing that it is essential to accomplish an overriding governmental interest.

...Congress and the courts have been sensitive to the needs flowing from the Free Exercise Clause, but every person cannot be shielded from all the burdens incident to exercising every aspect of the right to practice religious beliefs. When followers of a particular sect enter into commercial activity as a matter of choice, the limits they accept on their own conduct as a matter of conscience and faith are not to be superimposed on the statutory schemes which are binding on others in that activity. Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees. "

-- From United States v. Lee (1982)

• bob n

Well, there is no problem, only in your mind. The religious aspect has been dealt with and it is up to the insurance companies (I know you worship these too) to cover the issue not the Church. There is a big difference in the two. The first amendment didn't give insurance companies any rights as far as I know!

I'm not very well educated but I can see through Obamas bs.The liperals don't give a damn about the values of good curch going people.As for the aclu.That's a joke.I'am disabled.I tried for 8 years to get a handicap ramp in my apt.I finally contacted the aclu and they wanted $500.00 to even talk to me.

• bmoney

Because the church should not be involved in medical care! If you don't want the treatment, and you call yourself a good christian, than just say no! That is the beauty of it. To play devils advocate, some people need treatment that the church won't cover, so you tell me what separation of church of state really means!

Why should the individual woman worker who pays into an insurance policy be denied contraception because the religious institution that owns her company doesn't believe in contraception?

You want to protect the corporate religious owners freedoms, but you don't protect the workers freedom?

Women who work at hospitals, day cares, and universities ALL pay into an insurance policy. Why do cons ignore their freedoms?

That's what I'd like to know. But liberals are typically against any religion. But, they do pay homage to the Sharia Law advocates of the Islamic World. Women and minorities need to pay close attention to Sharia Law, since it advocates putting women and minorities in their place. The Democrat/Socialist Liberals out there, want to embrace Sharia Law.

Churches don't have to do that. Businesses owned by churches, however, are required to offer plans that include comprehensive health care. If Churches want their religious freedom, they are free to have it. If they want to own a business, though, they are subject to business regulations.

Owning a business is not a religious right, and since the insurance company foots the bill in this instance anyway the point is moot.

- Also your ACLU memorial cross reference is bogus:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements...

Ignorant!

Churches are exempt from the contraception provision.

• The ACLU usually only gets involved in leftist causes.