Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 9 years ago

Do you think there has been any voting fraud in the United States?

Favorite Answer

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/03/13...

Voter fraud happens…and this report shows that it applies across the board.

• mark

There's always fraud but I don't think it's a HUGE problem. In my state (for example), you need to sign a signature pad before you vote. My signature from every election from the past 20 years is on that pad. Once I've signed and voted, nobody else could vote using my name in that election. So, the only fraud could be somebody coming in and pretending to be somebody that has not yet voted (and is in that district). And then they would have to sign a pad where the signatures would probably not match. And if it did happen, there is a likelyhood that it would be reported when the REAL person came in to vote and discovered that somebody already voted in his stead.

A bigger problem is voter suppression through long lines caused by few polling stations and other stringent measures intended to slow down and stop voter turnout.

Back when G.W. Bush was elected, a elections boss in Ohio refused to let some 300 plus voting machines out to be used. In subsequent investigation, these machines were opened and it was found, that no matter who you voted for using these machines, G.W. got the vote. That was for all 300 plus machines. Voter fraud, you decide.

Let's assume there has....in fact let's assume 5% of ALL votes cast in ALL elections since the year 1900 were fraudulent....

Unless you can find an election where the winning margin was less than 5%, not a thing in history would be any different than the way it is now!

Oh, my bad! There was ONE election in the last century where the margin was less than 5%....the one when George W Bush won his first term...

Indiana Republican Secretary of State, Charlie White, convicted of voter fraud. Yes, and I think those screaming loudest about it are the very ones who are doing it the most. The reason for this is that a perpetrator thinks he/she will be safe by hiding amongst those denouncing them(the same reason so many gays and lesbians are Republicans).

Oh Yes! Check out black box voting. org

Joseph Stalin said "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joseph...

A recent study in Connecticut showed there were numerous people that have shown up to vote in every election for the last 30 years.. despite being dead.

I don't know, maybe I'm not embracing the concept of democracy as much as I should.. but I'm totally against giving zombies the right to vote.

The whole voting system is crap.... we still have an electoral college, so it's not a real democracy... and, of course, all the voter zones are drawn in weird shapes to help the candidates... politicians are terrible is my point.

Absolutely, and the most notable occurrence in recent history was the voter intimidation during the last presidential elections. Read about it at the attached link.

This has been investigated many times, and voter fraud only occurs 0.0000000002% of the time.

Absolutely: But not among those people the right are now trying to keep away from the voting booth!