Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicLyrics · 8 years ago

what meaning does the song family portrait by pink have with the topic conflict?

Favorite Answer

According to P!nk's father, James Moore Jr., during an E! Entertainment's E! True Hollywood Story this song has been unofficially named the national anthem for young kids who have been through the harsh effects of divorce of their parents. "I have got letters from parents thanking us from this song". The song she wrote with Scott Storch is still going strong with millions of hits on YouTube and millions of albums sold from Missundaztood. "It took me a while to listen to 'Family Portrait' without getting emotional," P!nk's mom told E! True Hollywood Story. Although the song addresses how P!nk struggled through her parents' divorce, it is also addressed to kids, to encourage them to talk with their parents about how they feel about their divorce.

Source(s): wikipedia

The song is showing us that we can just survive when our parents divorce. Of course nobody wants it to happen but it does, we have to live with it! Here are the lyrics if you want them! Mama please stop cryin' I can't stand the sound Your pain is painful and it's Tearing me down I hear glasses breaking As I sit up in my bed I told God you didn't mean Those nasty things you said You fight about money About me and my brother And this I come home to This is my shelter It ain't easy, growin' up in WW3 Never knowin' what love could be You'll see, I don't want love to destroy me Like it has done my family Can we work it out Can we be a family I promise I'll be better Mommy I'll do anything Can we work it out Can we be a family I promise I'll be better Daddy please don't leave Daddy please stop yelling I can't stand the sound Make mama stop cryin' 'Cause I need you around My mama she loves you No matter what she says is true I know that she hurts you But remember I love you too! I ran away today, ran from the noise Ran away (ran away) Don't wanna go back to that place But don't have no choice, no way It ain't easy, growin' up in WW3 Never knowin' what love could be But I've seen, I don't want love to destroy me Like it has done my family In our family portrait We look pretty happy Let's play pretend, let's act like it Comes naturally I don't wanna have to split the holidays I don't want two addresses I don't want a stepbrother anyway And I don't want my mom to have to change her last name Mama'll be nicer I'll be so much better I'll tell my brother I won't spill the milk at dinner I'll be so much better I'll do everything right I'll be your little girl forever I'll go to sleep at night