Im in high school. I like this girl but she already has a kid!?

I've been talking to her and she comes from a screwed up family and currently in foster care. The father of said baby is in prison . And I don't want my parents to flip

Favorite Answer

My husband had my stepson when he was 15, when we met he had full custody of him so he had his son full time and since then the mother has terminated her rights so she is no longer legally his mother, I am adopting him, we are now 19, have been married for over a year, are expecting our first biological child, and couldn't be happier with our family. If you really like this girl, this could turn out to be a very good life choice for you, as it was for me, just be sure that if you are going to pursue this, that you are ready to take on that kind of responsibility, when you date someone with a child, you are dating both the parent and the child.

Sounds like a lot to get yourself into, first stop and weigh out the pros and cons of this situation, it's not only your parents flipping I'm worried about you taking on more then you can handle. Don't get to serious with her " test " the waters first. Make sure this is something you really want before jumping full hearted into it. Make sure this doesnt interfer with your school cause right now that's really the most important thing, it sounds like you want to save her. Some people are beon saving so watch out for your own sanity!

I really wish you the best of luck!

Just remember that she's a package. It's not just her but another human being on the line. If you think you can handle that then fine, but this isnt high school stuff. This is a serious adult relationship because she has a child and children shouldnt have people in and out of their lives. Dont contribute to another child's screwed up childhood. If you want to date her then fine, but be responsible about it.

Source(s): A grown woman with a screwed up childhood who had to watch her mom have all kinds of men around.

If you like this girl, then u should just talk to your parents before you do anything. Your parents might freak out a little but will probably understand after they have time to think about it. But just DO NOT ask her out or anything before talking to your parents.

• Juno

Thinking out it seriously

How old is the girl cause your not really that specific

Shes an idiot... Get off her

Some girl i liked changed schools.... Next year came back and she was pregnant...

I know how u feel