Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why won't Republicans give transsexual children their constitutional RIGHT to have sex change surgery?

Why won't conservatives admit that they are discriminating against the LGBT community by not allowing children who were born into the wrong body have sex change operations / hormone replacement therapy? Why don't conservatives care about equal rights? I have a 4 year old nephew and he KNOWS he is a girl on the inside but because of republicans he can't do anything about it. he has told us how he has gone his whole life feeling trapped in his own body. We want him to have surgery so he can finally be happy in a girl's body. he has told us that he does not accept the (SOCIAL CONSTRUCT) gender binary or the Judeo-Christian traditional societal oppression of femininity and the gendered paradigm. I am sick and tired of homophobic conservative bigoted Nazi fascists trying to deny us our rights to our own bodies. it goes against the constitution too which guarantees us the right to pursue happiness.

Best Answer

Lame tea party trolling.

• Emuman

What the actual fck are you even talking about? First of all, where in the constitution does it say you have the right to a sex change? Second of all, I have never heard of any major politician from any party trying to outlaw such practices. Third of all, the right to pursue happiness is mentioned in the DOI, not the constitution. Fourth of all, it is not an equal rights issue, since if sex changes were illegal, they would be illegal to transsexual and non-transsexual people alike.

This is a really idiotic attempt at trying to prove that it's ridiculous for the gov. to pay for sex change surgery. For one, the gov. wouldn't be expected to pay for it anyway. I don't know why you believe anyone would think that. It would be up to the insurance policy the person has. Second, how stupid do you think we all are to think that a 4 year old would want it. And last, that is a very serious situation. I don't know how people can make fun of it. Anyone who is so desperate that they would want to have their hmmm cut off has a serious condition. Nothing to laugh about.

I don't know that anyone is suggesting that they cannot do that. The question is what right they might have to expect someone else to pay for it. There is a big difference between a right to have something and a right to force someone else to pay for what YOU want.

Once again, another example of not Understanding a RIGHT.

Just because you have a RIGHT to something, does not mean that it has to be provided for you for FREE.

I'm going keep repeating this until it sinks in.

I have read the constitution and don't see that right anywhere. If he wants a change, then either you can pay for it or he can wait until he is old enough to pay for it himself.

• Tyla

A 4 year old told you all that? Lol that kids going places, fabulous fabulous places.

I'm sorry but if you think you are anything other than the biological gender you were born as, then you need some serious therapy.

• John

Show me where in the Constitution it says that.

I've read the Constitution, have you?

• Pat

pursuit of happiness IS NOT in the constitution.

nope.

not there.

read it.

I dare you.

If we didn't pigeonhole everyone into these little boxes from birth (even BEFORE birth) maybe these kids wouldn't find it necessary to charge their parts.