Audi A6 TPS problem ADVICE!?

I have a 1999 Audi A6 2.8L. Thinking I have throttle positioning sensor problem, but I have lots of codes and would like to know if there is anything I can do to make sure that I need to replace this expensive part or if it could be something else that is making the TPS act up. Any help would be appreciated.

Symptoms Include:

1) Idle Surging

2) Loss of power (goes in to limp mode) with no acceleration capability

3) Fuel mileage suffering greatly

4) Car will stall out completely

Codes that it is throwing as follows are:

18010 - Power supply voltage terminal 30 too low

P1602 - Intermittant

17953 - Throttle action malfunction

P1545 - TPS sensor (intermittant)

17952 - Angle sensor signal high

16507 - TPS 69 signal too high

16497 - IA Temp sensor (G42 signal too high)

17924 - Intake manifold changeover valve open

18032 - ML call up circuit unactive

Again, any help or advice would be appreciated :)

Favorite Answer

The power supply code indicates an issue with your battery or alternator. It's unlikely to be causing any of the other problems but it's a good place to start. Electrical issues can lead to all sorts of other issues.

The rest of the codes certainly point to an issue with the TPS. I'd say go straight to that rather than spending money trying to deal with other potential issues only to end up having to replace the TPS anyway.

Good luck

Source(s): Audi owner

Audis are electronic nightmares and don't forget it. But they're not bad cars, and they aren't as bad as shitty VW's. Most people on here don't know what these codes are and can't tell the difference between an OBD II and Obi Wan Kenobi. Just take it to your trusted mechanic, and if you don't know one, look up a good one in your area. And don't think that you should only have your car worked on by a Audi specialist. My dad's been in the auto repair business for 30 years, and I can tell you that a lot of guys that run European specialist guys are real crooks that wanna screw you over. Ask your friends or look up a place. If they have good reviews on multiple sites, whether it's a mom'n'pop shop or a Audi shop, go for it. But Yelp is kinda sketchy and don't let the BBB affect where you go at all, for anywhere, because they are 100% fraudulent and total BS. If you already know a guy and you're trying to get an opinion from people who know about this, I'm really sorry for ranting lol. Good luck.

uhm