How to read Amazon's kindle ebooks offline on my computer?

I've got about 3 kindle ebooks on Amazon. They let me read them online using their Cloud Kindle which is pretty low quality. The pages are shown 1/3 of page at a time and in big size. I want to download the whole book and read on my own Notebook computer. Also I'd like to read it full A4 page at a time,... show more I've got about 3 kindle ebooks on Amazon.
They let me read them online using their Cloud Kindle which is pretty low quality. The pages are shown 1/3 of page at a time and in big size. I want to download the whole book and read on my own Notebook computer. Also I'd like to read it full A4 page at a time, like viewing a PDF file, rather than just being shown 1/3 of a page and have to click through the arrow many times to progress.

How do I actually download a kindle ebook I've purchased from Amazon, onto my laptop computer (PC) and read it off the laptop computer without the need to go online or go onto Amazon Cloud please? Thanks.